Buildout? Nope. Never.

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 10:28 AM

Is that FHA 55 and over documentation available to the public?
Old 08-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I'll make book that TVLSI ( Developer) can't produce the documentation that supports the so called 80/20 split. I will make book that there are already a substantial number of people under 55 living here.

I have no dog in this fight... its just a don't want anyone to believe they can pull the wool.....thingy
Is that rhetoric or are you actually willing to fund my next vacation?
Old 08-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Veteran member
Default Buildout LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
We heard about "the build out".............that was not the reason we purchased.............we were coming either way.

I always assumed, there will always be expansion as long as people keep purchasing.
The Village Sales people were saying build out five years ago when we moved here. As long as the homes sell and land and water can be obtained they will build. You have a product that is in high demand and you don't stop until that demand does not exist or for some reason it becomes too expensive to make a return on investment.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
This a very interesting thread. Frankly my wife and I have never looked at any house we have owned as an " investment ". An investment can be guaranteed like a CD and appreciate at 1.5 % or so a year, or speculative such as stocks with significant ups and downs. You do not use " investments to take a shower in, park your car in, watch TV and go to bed. Housing is of use and if not maintained generally depreciates. When it is sold, if you are fortunate, it might be worth more money. We have just purchased our last house and expect to be carried out of it feet first. Before that happens though it will be thoroughly used and enjoyed. Our estate will not care one way or the other what it is worth at that time , other then to change this particular asset into cash so it can be distributed to our heirs.
We have always viewed the home, the real estate we lived in as an investment. Husband worked for a company that moved people around a lot. It was important to buy and to be able to sell when the time came to move and to recover the money we had in the home and hopefully gain some bucks too. We still look at our home not only as a home but as a wise place to invest our money. Old habits die hard.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:56 PM

We bought a house in 06 and sold in 10. That was our only loss in value over the sale of 8 homes. But we made so much on the 06 sale, just from those two transactions we were ahead. My strong belief in Jesus warns me about being greedy, but sorry Jesus, it has not wavered my desire to get more wealth.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We have always viewed the home, the real estate we lived in as an investment. Husband worked for a company that moved people around a lot. It was important to buy and to be able to sell when the time came to move and to recover the money we had in the home and hopefully gain some bucks too. We still look at our home not only as a home but as a wise place to invest our money. Old habits die hard.
We have bought and sold 7 residences over the last 49 years none were ever considered investments. We lost a little on the first one, doubled our purchase price on the second, broke even on the third, lost a little on the fourth, lost a ton on the fifth, hoping to make a little on the sixth as it will be sold in the spring. I always looked at them as being used for the years we had them and it probably balanced out to breaking even over the years since our first home, Im happy with that. We bought number 7 in Fenney once again not as an investment but because we liked the home and location and hopefully we won't have to leave for a long time and our kids can take care of selling it.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
I don't agree.
I also don't agree....my experience was the opposite.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
I don't agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I also don't agree....my experience was the opposite.
I definitely don't disagree. My experience was almost the same, but similar.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Of course there are isolated cases of nasty traffic. But TV a "traffic nightmare"? Not even close. At its worst, TV traffic is a breeze compared to almost any urban area.
Totally agree!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Zillow is for amateurs. All real estate is local, ask any professional.
As a former RE Broker, I agree that Zillow does not reflect accurate property values.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:13 AM
Veteran member
Default 80/20 Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I'll make book that TVLSI ( Developer) can't produce the documentation that supports the so called 80/20 split. I will make book that there are already a substantial number of people under 55 living here.

I have no dog in this fight... its just a don't want anyone to believe they can pull the wool.....thingy
Comment:::::Yes you are probably right. I have friends who moved here years ago and then left for the reasons you are getting at. We first started coming here about 5 years ago, and we have seen some real changes and you are so right. Our pet peeve is that it was a golf cart community, walking and bicycles. It is going into the car scene, a car for everything and the happy hour devotees just drink it up and get in the car and zoom, zoom.
In a cart or on a bike it is getting really perilous. As they build, the car scene gets wilder and wilder. Yes, there are those who do not agree, but we all have a right to our opinion even though it may ruffle some feathers. Take a look around, many of us are dedicated to having a nice controlled senior community, it is changing for sure, standards???? Where? We were in a swimming pool recently, two couples ( four adults, 5 little ones) with very young children in diapers were in there, they were talking, they come here regularly and do not live here. Have seen this a number of times. We used to help foster children, we know what a soiled diaper looks like, yep. I know what some of the responses may be. I did not come here to be a cop.
Please excuse the comment if it hits a sore spot, no malice intended. Have a nice day.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:51 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Comment:::::Yes you are probably right. I have friends who moved here years ago and then left for the reasons you are getting at. We first started coming here about 5 years ago, and we have seen some real changes and you are so right. Our pet peeve is that it was a golf cart community, walking and bicycles. It is going into the car scene, a car for everything and the happy hour devotees just drink it up and get in the car and zoom, zoom.
In a cart or on a bike it is getting really perilous. As they build, the car scene gets wilder and wilder. Yes, there are those who do not agree, but we all have a right to our opinion even though it may ruffle some feathers. Take a look around, many of us are dedicated to having a nice controlled senior community, it is changing for sure, standards???? Where? We were in a swimming pool recently, two couples ( four adults, 5 little ones) with very young children in diapers were in there, they were talking, they come here regularly and do not live here. Have seen this a number of times. We used to help foster children, we know what a soiled diaper looks like, yep. I know what some of the responses may be. I did not come here to be a cop.
Please excuse the comment if it hits a sore spot, no malice intended. Have a nice day.
When you see infractions make the call. When you see toddlers in the pool with dirty diapers it's definitely time to call and also let them know what you overheard regarding not living here so they can check ID's. If no one turns them in they will continue to come. This is still an active retirement community however everyone has a different way of being active, to some it is socializing at happy hour, to others it is reading a book on their lanai, we are all different but should all be following the rules, regulations, and laws.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Is TV getting more expensive the bigger it gets? I would like to hear from the senior residents not from the newly weds from TV. I've been hearing from more & more people that they think TV isn't a cheap place to live anymore. The wealthier people think it's cheap to live here, depending where they come from think it's cheap, like most of the big city people. But I'm hearing from more more 15 to 25 yr. residents that it not a cheap place to live anymore. I'm just wondering about where people come from, their life styles & why they think it's cheap to live here?
Old 08-28-2017, 07:27 AM

Seems to me that The Villages is what we make it .... expansion seems a reflection of a business model that is working and let's hope it continues and that it includes golf courses and entertainment and bowling alleys. This place is too much fun to criticize - its our playground and expansion just means there are more people having fun. All good.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:31 AM

I'm only 48 but have already heard twice that "this is the last buildout" so it's just a smile and a chuckle when I hear it now. My understanding is that "the villages will never cross 441" was an actual statement back in the day.

It's the best place going, I can't wait to go full time!

Joe
Closed Thread

Tags
manly, kelsea, villages, [sarcasm, mark

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.