Burger King coming to Trailwinds Village

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2018, 05:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts
Default Burger King coming to Trailwinds Village

The latest plans update shows Burger King is now coming to the Trailwinds Village commercial development on CR466a.

If you remember back in June Champion6 found a drawing of the development on the Barclay Group briefly posted that showed shops that were scheduled to be there. The authenticity of the drawing seemed questionable at the time due to some of the sites listed, it appeared to be more a publicity stunt by BG.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...inesses-265470

Looking back on that picture now it appears that Champion6 may have found a pot of gold. Publix was shown and is now moving forward, the same for Wendy's and Taco Bell. Jersey Mike's was shown but you couldn't make out the details at the time, looking closely at the icon on the picture and the JM logo, it's clear that it did show JM, the logo was rotated 90 deg. CCW. Now Burger King. So far the drawing has been right on the mark.

What's next? Starbucks? Chili's? Hobby Lobby?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	096 2018-11-16 05.02.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	77386   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	77387  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 11-16-2018, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The latest plans update shows Burger King is now coming to the Trailwinds Village commercial development on CR466a.

If you remember back in June Champion6 found a drawing of the development on the Barclay Group briefly posted that showed shops that were scheduled to be there. The authenticity of the drawing seemed questionable at the time due to some of the sites listed, it appeared to be more a publicity stunt by BG.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...inesses-265470

Looking back on that picture now it appears that Champion6 may have found a pot of gold. Publix was shown and is now moving forward, the same for Wendy's and Taco Bell. Jersey Mike's was shown but you couldn't make out the details at the time, looking closely at the icon on the picture and the JM logo, it's clear that it did show JM, the logo was rotated 90 deg. CCW. Now Burger King. So far the drawing has been right on the mark.

What's next? Starbucks? Chili's? Hobby Lobby?
If Champion posts it. It is GOLD. He is always helpful and well researched.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

I am happy to see the Tradewinds Village development. But, I am a little disappointed with the Lowes. I have been there twice when they didn't have what I wanted. The Lowes guy said that the store is about 5000 SF smaller than the Lady Lake store.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I am happy to see the Tradewinds Village development. But, I am a little disappointed with the Lowes. I have been there twice when they didn't have what I wanted. The Lowes guy said that the store is about 5000 SF smaller than the Lady Lake store.
Better than nothin', pal.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
When I first moved to TV, we had to go to Ocala for Home Depot.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
I've read where the new ones will all have a smaller foot-print. They're closing "some" Lowes nationally. Wonder if it's because of "over-saturation" OR folks shopping the internet. Many brick-mortor stores are closing---ones who've been around a long time. Think how our culture has changed from robust down-town shopping to malls to strip malls and the list goes on.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:21 PM
Gold member

Publix with a liquor store where an established ABC Liquor store ia at the complex entrance????
Sure they may pick up some traffic from the grocery customers but I have to wonder if it is worth it.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:39 PM

Yea, Publix likely does not know what it is doing....hahaha
Old 11-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Yea, Publix likely does not know what it is doing....hahaha
Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Gold member

Quite the assortment of high quality dining establishments. Maybe a Dunkin Donuts soon ?
Old 11-16-2018, 08:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

I guess that's one of the difference between the developers, apparently Barclay doesn't care if merchants in their shopping center compete against each other - Publix & ABC, Burger Kink & Wendy's. TV developer appears to limit direct competition between its clients in any given commercial district, it doesn't serve them well for one client to try to drive the other out of business or unsustainably low profit levels.

While we all like to have choices, the choices aren't always the best long term for keeping businesses afloat. It's one thing to have several like fast food restaurants, or grocery stores, or car dealers clumped together in a heavily populated area, but in a cyclic market like The Villages sometime competition can be not such a good thing. Of course the only exceptions to this appears to be banks and mattress stores.

The best buffers the stores in the Pinellas area will have is the lack of golf cart access to Trailwinds that will keep a given percentage of the customers form going there.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 11-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I guess that's one of the difference between the developers, apparently Barclay doesn't care if merchants in their shopping center compete against each other - Publix & ABC, Burger Kink & Wendy's. TV developer appears to limit direct competition between its clients in any given commercial district, it doesn't serve them well for one client to try to drive the other out of business or unsustainably low profit levels.

While we all like to have choices, the choices aren't always the best long term for keeping businesses afloat. It's one thing to have several like fast food restaurants, or grocery stores, or car dealers clumped together in a heavily populated area, but in a cyclic market like The Villages sometime competition can be not such a good thing. Of course the only exceptions to this appears to be banks and mattress stores.

The best buffers the stores in the Pinellas area will have is the lack of golf cart access to Trailwinds that will keep a given percentage of the customers form going there.
Even TV developer clumps them together - two examples:
Colony Plaza
Bob Evans
McDonald's
PDQ
Plus:
Beef O'Brady's
China Gourmet
Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill
Mezza Luna
Peachwave
Sakura Sushi and Grill
Subway

Southern Trace
Baskin-Robbins
Culver’s
Dunkin'
IHOP
Taco Bell
Plus:
Beef O'Brady's
China Buffet
Giovanni’s Ristorante
Habanero's Mexican Grill
SonRise Café
Old 11-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Quite the assortment of high quality dining establishments. Maybe a Dunkin Donuts soon ?

I happen to like Dunkin Donuts. I bet you do too.

I like the powder sugar dusted ones with whippy crème stuff inside that comes out the side when you eat them and gets powdered sugar all over stuff.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I talked to Jake the owner of Jersey Mike's a couple of weeks ago at his Lady Lake store. They're doing the build out now and hope to open around December 1st. If they don't open that first week of Dec then they'll hold off opening until January.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

I'm overwhelmed with excitement over the opening of another quality restaurant in TV area. WOW. Seriously? I do like Jersey Mike's though.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong." Charles Schulz
Closed Thread

Tags
king, drawing, burger, champion6, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.