Burglar Robbing People

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Send a message via AIM to FireOnWindCSR
Default Re: Burglar Robbing People

Lock and Load. There are probably some firearms classes around the lady Lake area that people, interested in protection of self and property can take. Certainly, owning a firearm is no joking matter. I was raised in a household with weapons and first used one at the age of nine. I was taught respect for others, respect for animals, safety, loading and unloading, etc. My younger sisters were also taught about firearms.

If someone is braizen enough to enter your home without your permission - then you are obliged to show them your gun collection - UP CLOSE. There's nothing a good maid service can't clean up.

:bigthumbsup:
Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 AM

News sources outside TV love to find things wrong with TV. Channel 9 repeats what they report over and over again. USUALLY Do-- Funny that their report of 200 robberies (IN AREA of The Villages-after teaser of IN THE VILLAGES) only showed up once. As for gated communities, when we go to Continental Country Club our friends who live there have to leave our name or be called when we visit, there were three robberies there. Mid-Florida Yacht Club is the same and they had someone going in their homes and stealing things while they were there. I have left my garage door open at night many times, I know thats not smart but nothing has ever been taken.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Veteran member

I was surprised that this thread is still running, didn't they arrest this person 2 weeks ago
Larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Veteran member

Yes, they did arrest him (and it was reported in all of the local papers). He's awaiting trial before he goes to ---THE BIG HOUSE!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Veteran member

We here in Tall Trees have complained to the developer and were told that they have neighborhood and village watch to "look out" for unusual situations. Let me tell you, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

Our Tall Trees Ladies Club had the sheriff come to talk abou how to start a neighborhood watch of our own, within Tall Trees and after two meetings it seems to have died a natural death. No volunteers to participate.

The sheriff told us that we are our own best person to be on the look out for problems. He said if we hear glass breaking, day or night, or any sound not usual, call 911. They would rather come than not be called.

LOCK all windows and doors. A breeze is nice but particularly at night, lock it all up. This is NOT the only guy who has been robbing the villages. The last guy also cut screen windows and doors when people were out playing golf or at church and they left a window open with the screen down...or they left the lanai door unlocked.

You are your own and your neighbors best protection and I don't mean a gun. I am not opposed to having a gun, if trained, but many timesthe crook takes the gun away and uses it on the victim.

Remember, NEVER go out for ANY lengt of time with any window or door unlocked. Do NOT go to sleep with windows open and screen down.

Take care. Some crooks look at the villages as a perfect spot to rob because we are all "OLD" !!!!! Some folks are hard of hearing and might not be aware someone is creeping through their home.

Again, if you lock it up you have done all you can to be safe and secure. Keep a phone handy and don't forget 911 on a LAND line. If you use a cell phone you will have to give them the location and possibly directions because the tower getting the 911 call might be as far away as Bushnell.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.