The Evil Administrator

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Founder
Default The Evil Administrator

As most of you know, if you accidentally, or on purpose, post in the wrong forum, one of the administrators is "at the ready" to get it moved to the right place. Sometimes, although rare, the evil administrators will delete a topic or two because of content.

I'm sure it is a comfort for you to know that the most prolific "evil" administrator, Tony, is never more than a click away from his duties, even when he and his wife are visiting your humble Talk Host household for a whoooooole week.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: The Evil Administrator

So...the men behind the curtain, huh?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Dancing Thyme

....and just look at that "evil" smile on his face. I can tell, he's up to no good!!!

Kathie :redface: :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Veteran member

So all he has to do his dirty work with is a lousy laptop?* I was certain it was a room full of vacuum tubes and punch cards!
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 02-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Administrator

The laptop croaked while I was at Jan's place. I am suspicious of it untimely death.

I am smiling so broadly because I think I just located one on Kathie's post and was pondering eliminating it.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

LOL .. Don't blame us. It must be some nefarious plot by Jan to stop you from bouncing us so quickly. ;D

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
I am smiling so broadly because I think I just located one on Kathie's post and was pondering eliminating it.
Tony, eliminate one of the "shy" one's posts?? :redface: :redface:

Impossible!!

She's so sweet and innocent, how could you even think of eliminating one of her adorable posts?? Now, you wouldn't want the Italian to come out in me, would you??? :verymad: :verymad: GRRRRR.....

Incidentally, I'm very angry that you are not coming to the TV lunch on Friday, but don't worry, I'll get you next time I'm in TV.... Kath :redface: :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Platinum member
Default The Evil Administrator GEEZ!!

OK I came here for fellow Villagers to help me wish Mom a happy 75th birthday and the post is gone?? What did I do wrong? I was thrilled with the response and enjoyed all the replies, but now they are GONE!! Kind of disappointed :'(. People were reading and responding. Very friendly, then...POOF! Why? Who would think birthday wishes was inappropriate? Mom was here 2 years ago and met many kind people. Was it the Evil ADM???? An email would have been nice explaining the removal! Bummed, Rhonda
Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Veteran member

I did a search of your posts and fount it at: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm....html#msg36074
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

Rhonda, I just bumped it for you so it came to the top of the post list.

Kath

Old 02-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Platinum member

It was posted yesterday in general discussion and had over 30 replies. I put the post you saw for Non Villagers on this morning. It was the Villagers I mostly wanted. I am a Villager! Over 20 real nice people sent their best and the adm.? nope...How sad......I wanted to go to RI for her birthday, but had to spend my money to go to my Dads funeral at Thanksgiving. Was thinking this would be special. ....Thanks Kath....unfortunate I lost all the other posts. Mom would have enjoyed seeing it. ..
Old 02-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Platinum member

Ok found it, Thanks Kath....I just deleted the NON Villager post, but how did my original post get moved? Can it be moved back to the General Discussion catagory. I have made many fine friends here in the Villages and was going to tell them to come here to post questions, concerns and suggestions. Now I'm concerned about referring anyone. I have seen numerous posts that have nothing to do with The Villages and yet they aren't moved or deleted. The postings have stopped. I lost my place on the main page. :dontknow: ??? > HELP!! Rhonda
Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
Ok found it, Thanks Kath....I just deleted the NON Villager post, but how did my original post get moved? Can it be moved back to the General Discussion catagory. I have made many fine friends here in the Villages and was going to tell them to come here to post questions, concerns and suggestions. Now I'm concerned about referring anyone. I have seen numerous posts that have nothing to do with The Villages and yet they aren't moved or deleted. The postings have stopped. I lost my place on the main page. :dontknow: ??? > HELP!! Rhonda
Please don't think that the non villages discussion is for non residents. It isn't. It is simply for discussions about things that don't have a direct bearing on day to day life in and around the Villages. The same people who visit "Villages discussions," also visit "non village discussion" maybe even more so.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Ronda, I've deliberately done a couple of posts in General that belonged in other categories. I did it so at least a few would see it right away since some forums are rarely visited (like the pet forum). As soon as Tony or Jan spotted them, they were moved (and sometimes they're too dang fast!!). Most people read both the General and the Non-Villages forums on a regular basis, so you haven't lost any readers or people who would post for you. So, don't take it personally, it wasn't anything you did or anything out of the ordinary by the Administrators. Hey, you were lucky -- yours stayed a lot longer than one of mine which lasted a whopping 15 minutes and I really was hoping for a whole day.

Do send your friends to TOTV. There's a lot of great info and great people here and we always love to meet more great people. The administrators are some of the best of seen -- even when I want to strangle them. They are human and sometimes make mistakes, but moving your post really wasn't one of them even though it was inconvenience to you.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

HELP ME RHONDA, HELP HELP ME RHONDA.......

Just love the Beach Boys. Fumar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.