Bus Trip to St. Augustines for the Christmas Lights

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Bus Trip to St. Augustines for the Christmas Lights

Now that I do not have young children for Christmas, I find it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit, but last night we took the bus trip to St. Augustine's with friends and I would highly recommend it.

We actually used Yankee Trails, but AAA and another bus service does basically the same tour. It is called St. Augustine's Night of Lights and it was wonderful.

It was cold which made it really seem more like Christmas, there were lots of people of all ages dressed for winter walking and enjoying the lights, the Trolley Ride through the center of town was great, everyone was singing along to the Christmas Carols, people were happy and waving and enjoying each others company.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has never seen the lights.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

We did the light trip with AAA and enjoyed it. We had never been to St Augustine before, and would like to go back and spend a night or two seeing the sights.

Tonight we're going on a Villages golf cart tour of the lights here & will compare. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:19 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Mary and I and a group of friends are going to see the lights with JP Tours on Jan 7th. We'll shop, eat and see the lights. No driving for me.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:07 PM

I just went last week with my fourth grade class and it was wonderful. The trolley ride was awesome. The kids had 3D glasses that made all of the lights look like reindeer. The adults had glasses that made the lights look like snowflakes. It was so much fun! We sang our hearts out to the Christmas carols on the trolley…especially, the song from Frozen, Let it Go!
Old 12-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,681 Times in 631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
We'll shop, eat and see the lights.
and you will miss the most beautiful places St. Augustine has to offer - Fort Matanzas National Monument and Washington Oaks State Park.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default St Augustine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
and you will miss the most beautiful places St. Augustine has to offer - Fort Matanzas National Monument and Washington Oaks State Park.
We go 2 or 3 times a year usually during the week. We stay at the Bay Front Inn so we can walk everywhere we want. We really like OC Whites for dinner, or Guiffres and Goode for Polish and Greek food. We just thought it would be fun to go with a group of friends for the lights and some food. We will be going back for the Downton Abby traveling exhibit in November at the Lightner Museum.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Now that I do not have young children for Christmas, I find it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit, but last night we took the bus trip to St. Augustine's with friends and I would highly recommend it.

We actually used Yankee Trails, but AAA and another bus service does basically the same tour. It is called St. Augustine's Night of Lights and it was wonderful.

It was cold which made it really seem more like Christmas, there were lots of people of all ages dressed for winter walking and enjoying the lights, the Trolley Ride through the center of town was great, everyone was singing along to the Christmas Carols, people were happy and waving and enjoying each others company.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has never seen the lights.
I totally disagree with your Night of Lights Tour. It is way over-rated. The lights are are strung up by Amateurs with out any idea. The tour goes around once,,then get this goes half way around the same way ! St Augustine is a nice trip, they have a Tourist Shopping area that is OK..Once..Two other couples came up with the same conclusion..We stayed @the Hammock Beach Resort, but went to the Night of lights tour based on the advertisements....Over Rated.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I totally disagree with your Night of Lights Tour. It is way over-rated. The lights are are strung up by Amateurs with out any idea. The tour goes around once,,then get this goes half way around the same way ! St Augustine is a nice trip, they have a Tourist Shopping area that is OK..Once..Two other couples came up with the same conclusion..We stayed @the Hammock Beach Resort, but went to the Night of lights tour based on the advertisements....Over Rated.
Well as they say TO EACH THEIR OWN!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, lights, augustines, bus, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.