Butterfly Stomping, April 7

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Butterfly Stomping, April 7

I was down at Spanish Springs town square today for the Monarch butterfly release. Somewhere around 200 beautiful butterflies were released and took flight.

Very shortly after the release, one Monarch butterfly returned to the town square and landed on the dance area. I was totally shocked to see a little boy around 8 years old run up to the butterfly and stomp on it twice. A lady went to the boy's father and told him what had happened. The father talked to the boy and had the boy take him to the dead butterfly. The boy stomped on it two more times and laughed.

What kind of child is this? Does not sound normal but more like a sociopath. It also reflects on the parenting skills or lack thereof.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I was down at Spanish Springs town square today for the Monarch butterfly release. Somewhere around 200 beautiful butterflies were released and took flight.

Very shortly after the release, one Monarch butterfly returned to the town square and landed on the dance area. I was totally shocked to see a little boy around 8 years old run up to the butterfly and stomp on it twice. A lady went to the boy's father and told him what had happened. The father talked to the boy and had the boy take him to the dead butterfly. The boy stomped on it two more times and laughed.

What kind of child is this? Does not sound normal but more like a sociopath. It also reflects on the parenting skills or lack thereof.
Say what you will about that little boy but his father knows that FRED ASTAIRE and GENE KELLY got their start that way ...
Was the kid skinny and wearing a straw hat and if so , was he by any chance carrying a cane....

just a thought .. fumar ...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

When attending church in Virginia, we always seemed to sit behind a lovely young couple with the cutest little girl, about 3 years old. This little girl was puzzling to me. She would not be able to sit still for any period of time, not even one minute. And, she would take all the toys her mom would bring and destroy them. She had a little doll and she would pretend to be strangling the doll. She would actually put all her weight behind the strangling, to be sure that the little doll was choked to death. It was really hard to focus on the service, that's for sure.

Soon, the mom had another baby. I always worried about their new little boy, thinking about that little girl torturing the baby.

Scary, huh?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM

I'm sorry, but that kind of behavior from an 8 year old shows he has little respect for living things. Stomping on a butterfly with such gusto shows much hostility...

sigh!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Seriously ???

More pathetic humor....

Thank goodness this child did not step on a dog!

It's a kid, for crying out loud...
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage

What a sad thing to have happen. Then, it was a child and they don't always have the empathy to realize what they've done and how it can impact others or even the creature they've "taken out." Hopefully the parent will teach this child that this wasn't the right thing to do, but maybe in the home this child is from, someone actually hates insects and stomps the crap out of them. Kids follow our examples, not necessarily do they listen to what we say. (Then again, maybe this kid is just going to be one of those humans that has very little feeling for anyone....only themselves. We'll never know?)
Old 04-08-2011, 10:22 AM

How very sad......should have been a teaching opportunity for that child .......whenever I see a butterfly I am reminded of this story

http://www.nursefriendly.com/nursing...ly.courage.htm
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Dear Muncle. How you are missed.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

That's why we are moving to TV to get away from unruly "rugrats" and the father just stood by? Sheeesh......
Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Dear Muncle. How you are missed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.