Buy golf carts outside the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2020, 07:52 AM
Default Buy golf carts outside the villages?

It's time for us to invest in a new golf cart. I've read in previous posts of folks who purchased outside of the villages and saved quite a bit of money. For those who did, would you mind sharing where you purchased from and if you would do it again.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

I compared apples to apples the best I could between The Villages and one in Ocala, there were slight differences in what they offered and the price difference was minimal and more than made up by having use of a free loaner from The Villages while the new unit is being built, something that Ocala didn't offer. I also like the convenience of having warranty service near home when needed. You might save a few dollars outside but is it really worth it?
Old 11-06-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I compared apples to apples the best I could between The Villages and one in Ocala, there were slight differences in what they offered and the price difference was minimal and more than made up by having use of a free loaner from The Villages while the new unit is being built, something that Ocala didn't offer. I also like the convenience of having warranty service near home when needed. You might save a few dollars outside but is it really worth it?
Bingo.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB#1 View Post
It's time for us to invest in a new golf cart. I've read in previous posts of folks who purchased outside of the villages and saved quite a bit of money. For those who did, would you mind sharing where you purchased from and if you would do it again.
This thread from last month has a lot of good info. I always found when I wanted to find out info and quickly, the search button at the top of the page is great. I had a 20 page pad filled with answers to all my questions when I moved here ten years ago. There are other threads as well, just do a search.

Buy golf cart in Villages or outside?

If you read the thread above and others, the place that comes up a lot and is close by that is cheaper and had new Yamahas with warranty, is I-4 Power in Webster, about 20 miles south. Here's there website, apparently they are redoing it, but there is some info.

I4 POWER EQUIPMENT - Home
Old 11-06-2020, 10:30 AM

We purchased a Yamaha cart back in 2011 from Carts & Clubs in Ocala and have had it serviced annually by them over the years. At the time their pricing was similar to the Villages but I much preferred their rain curtain system they had developed and their seat upgrade options. Don't know what they are offering now but you might want to check them out. Located on 27 just south of Ocala.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:47 AM

We bought from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They take care of you. Highly recommended.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:01 AM

Carts and Clubs about 15 miles north on 441/27/301 in Ocala. Great sales and service department.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:37 AM

I 4 power in Webster. $2000. Cheaper. I can stand a lot of aggravation for 2K.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Default New Cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB#1 View Post
Check the Sun newspaper for The Villages Discount Golf Carts. Although their supply is made up of refurbished used carts, the money you save vs. the cost of a new cart is worth a look.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I came to the exact same conclusion five years ago. Additionally, the salesman at C&C spent a lot of time comparing their cart to those sold by Villages Golf Car. Reminded me of the old Xerox comercial. So, I bought the Xerox.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:39 AM

I bought mine from Ocala dealer and love it . They come right to your door and do all the work in your driveway. You get a 1 year membership to Kart Aide.(sp). I'd check and see how long it takes for TV dealer to get your vehicle in for service. You might get a loaner but how long to fix? I'd rather have my own right away.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:05 AM

We used Village Discount Golf Carts on 466... very pleased with the options, price, location, service, ect.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:30 AM

DC Golf CARTS at the Market of Marion.
Call has been out there for 20 years and everyone loves him with 0 complaints. he will take care of you have the best price and repairs are done at your house there is no better
Old 11-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This thread from last month has a lot of good info. I always found when I wanted to find out info and quickly, the search button at the top of the page is great. I had a 20 page pad filled with answers to all my questions when I moved here ten years ago. There are other threads as well, just do a search.

Buy golf cart in Villages or outside?

If you read the thread above and others, the place that comes up a lot and is close by that is cheaper and had new Yamahas with warranty, is I-4 Power in Webster, about 20 miles south. Here's there website, apparently they are redoing it, but there is some info.

I4 POWER EQUIPMENT - Home
Yes Webster is a good place to buy a Cart. The only thing bad about buying there is a lot of options they don’t have a lot of options there for you to see. It’s mostly pictures. We put a down payment on one there but then went to Colony Cottage Yamaha & they actually beat Webster by $300. Plus got 3 other options for FREE. Webster did give our $500. down payment back with no problems. So yes if you don’t buy in TV, go to Webster!
Old 11-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Default Definitely NOT VDGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
Check the Sun newspaper for The Villages Discount Golf Carts. Although their supply is made up of refurbished used carts, the money you save vs. the cost of a new cart is worth a look.
Bought from them - they are over priced and definitely not discount. More like bait and switch. Buy new and save money.
Closed Thread

Tags
purchased, golf, villages, mind, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.