Buy golf carts outside the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2020, 11:08 AM
Default Village Discount Golf Carts!!

We got an awesome deal on a premium refurbished 2020 Yamaha Drive 2 from Todd Stutzman at Village Discount. I did my research prior to coming down in early October &
They killed everybody on price & options. No contest.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

The Villages Golf Carts are the LARGEST Yamaha dealer in the USA.....

When you compare apples to apples, they are competitively priced due to the sales volume they do......
Old 11-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Same experience as the first reply for the reasons stated. We ordered the cart before construction on our golf cart garage started. Things were delayed and they held it in their show room without our paying first for 1 1/2 months!
Old 11-07-2020, 01:40 PM

We purchased from The Villages and ordered a new cart. They advised that we could probably get more money on our old cart by selling it ourselves and they provided us with a free rental AND free gas while our new cart was being built. And, we did get several hundred dollars more for our cart selling it ourselves. Mark (the manager at Sumter Landing) was great to work with.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Let's talk real numbers.

Yamaha Gas, 2021, windshield, roof, lights and not much else 8,100 to 8,300 out of state. The delivery fee is lower than Florida sales tax, no sales tax as it is an out of state sale.

Standard seat, factory colors.

That's what we did. I don't need to be sweet talked though the Uber simple process of buying a glorified lawn mower. Some people do want that experience.

All aftermarket add ons are available locally at competitive rates.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:18 PM

Carts and Clubs Ocala great experience.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawskid6044 View Post
Carts and Clubs Ocala great experience.
I'm happy for you. Where did you buy the one before that? Trying to figure out who you are comparing too.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:21 PM

Following
Old 11-07-2020, 07:18 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
We bought from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They take care of you. Highly recommended.
I ended up buying in Leesburg, but, I it was difficult choice and at the time came down to timing and availability only. Eliminated several in the Villages for less important things, like arrogant attitude, an array of absolutely untrue discussions concerning engine specifications, etc. that revealed pure ignorance of even the basics of gasoline engines.
But, I have never heard anything negative about Carts & Clubs in all these years ! About ready for a new one and will try again when ready.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB#1 View Post
It's time for us to invest in a new golf cart. I've read in previous posts of folks who purchased outside of the villages and saved quite a bit of money. For those who did, would you mind sharing where you purchased from and if you would do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I compared apples to apples the best I could between The Villages and one in Ocala, there were slight differences in what they offered and the price difference was minimal and more than made up by having use of a free loaner from The Villages while the new unit is being built, something that Ocala didn't offer. I also like the convenience of having warranty service near home when needed. You might save a few dollars outside but is it really worth it?
Carts and Clubs in Ocala. And yes, vog, it’s worth it. I don’t like to spend any more money than I have to and I’ve always saved a considerable amount of money for more cart at Carts and Clubs.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:45 PM

We bought our 2019 Yamaha Quiet Tech 14 months ago at Carts and Clubs, They are located at 4121 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34480. We paid almost $1200 less for our customized cart with specialized seats then what The Villages Golf Carts charged. Carts and Clubs comes to our home to do oil changes and maintenance. We were given a year of Kart Aid for free as well as a $50 gift card for Pasta Faire restaurant which we really enjoyed. We also got a free installed large grocery holder sack . All in all we are very satisfied with Carts and Clubs.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB#1 View Post
It's time for us to invest in a new golf cart. I've read in previous posts of folks who purchased outside of the villages and saved quite a bit of money. For those who did, would you mind sharing where you purchased from and if you would do it again.
Hi we bought outside from VILLAGE ELITE GOLF CARS 3990 E SR 44 STE 305 WILDWOOD. Owner is Sam. Our car compared to The Villages was about $4000 cheaper we have custom seats. Bigger tires then normal ones. We have the color blue in our rims. Two phones chargers . And we have 5 yr bumper to bumper. He comes to your home and picks up your golf cart every year for maintenance. Awesome customer service. I will always deal with him. I would advise to check him out. Sam is very personable and wants to make everyone happy.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
Hi we bought outside from VILLAGE ELITE GOLF CARS 3990 E SR 44 STE 305 WILDWOOD. Owner is Sam. Our car compared to The Villages was about $4000 cheaper we have custom seats. Bigger tires then normal ones. We have the color blue in our rims. Two phones chargers . And we have 5 yr bumper to bumper. He comes to your home and picks up your golf cart every year for maintenance. Awesome customer service. I will always deal with him. I would advise to check him out. Sam is very personable and wants to make everyone happy.
The Villages Florida

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to mention this place because it's right next to TV on 44 on the way to Wildwood. I remember in the spring when the shopping center was just getting rented and he had carts out by the highway. Hopefully he does well. He has advertised on his Facebook page new 2020 gas Club Car 4 seater lifted for $11,990.

The Villages Florida

Village Elite Golf Cars

Elite Golf Carts – Best Golf Carts in The Villages Florida
Old 11-07-2020, 11:43 PM

Everything everyone else said about Carts and Clubs. 2 years ago they were less expensive than the villages and they delivered the cart the next day.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsachs View Post
I bought mine from Ocala dealer and love it . They come right to your door and do all the work in your driveway. You get a 1 year membership to Kart Aide.(sp). I'd check and see how long it takes for TV dealer to get your vehicle in for service. You might get a loaner but how long to fix? I'd rather have my own right away.
Actually The Villages cart store in Sumter Landing fixed my cart in one day. The clutch had a problem, I had it towed there with no appointment and BOOM, done in one day. Now that is great service.
Closed Thread

Tags
purchased, golf, villages, mind, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.