Buy golf carts outside the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2020, 07:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

L He has advertised on his Facebook page new 2020 gas Club Car 4 seater lifted for $11,990.

The Villages Florida

Village Elite Golf Cars

Elite Golf Carts – Best Golf Carts in The Villages Florida[/QUOTE].
Or buy a one year newer gas yamaha out of state for 8,900 (also mag wheels) save 200.00 over delivered/taxed total add a four seat option for 279.00 (Amazon).

Hey, it's your money!
Old 11-08-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB#1 View Post
It's time for us to invest in a new golf cart. I've read in previous posts of folks who purchased outside of the villages and saved quite a bit of money. For those who did, would you mind sharing where you purchased from and if you would do it again.
[Feb 2021 update: A few months after owning the cart, we are still satisfied except for the dealer-added LED light strips. The placement of the side strips is bad because they reflect off the windshield (photo attached) making it more difficult for the driver to see the road at night. Steve refused to fix this problem. Also, they installed LED strips on the front hood that we did not order and I don't like the placement. If you buy a cart from Country Village, I suggest you have any LED strips added after purchase by Liquid Lights.]

I ordered a new 2021 Yamaha EFI QuietTech golf cart I ordered Country Village Power Equipment, an authorized Yamaha dealer in Webster (just a 20 minute drive south of the Southern Oak/Fenny area). Country Village starts with a 2021 PTV model (not a stripped down fleet vehicle) that includes premium factory parts including the Yamaha “Ultra-Premium lighting package” (includes lighted logo). We added all options that are included in The Village Golf Cars “Lifestyle package”, including a hard Sunbrella enclosure. Here are approximate prices I was quoted in August 2020:

New 2021:
Country Village (Webster) $10,300
The Villages Golf Cars $12,300
Carts & Clubs (Ocala) $12,000

Refurb 2018:
The Villages Golf Cart $10,500
Village Discount Carts $11,700

The dealer in Webster offers the same selection of colors and upgraded seats you see at The Village GC, but does not offer self-cancelling turn signals. They will come to my house to perform maintenance. You can contact them at Country Village Power Equipment - Home or 352-793-3948. Carolyn was excellent in assisting us with picking out everything we wanted to build our cart. If you ask for Carolyn and let her know Glen Jones referred you, I think we both get a free maintenance visit.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210121_215116.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	87993  

Last edited by jump4; 02-04-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB#1 View Post
It's time for us to invest in a new golf cart. I've read in previous posts of folks who purchased outside of the villages and saved quite a bit of money. For those who did, would you mind sharing where you purchased from and if you would do it again.
Carts and Clubs south of Ocala is great.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump4 View Post
I ordered a new Country Village starts with a 2021 PTV model (not a stripped down fleet vehicle) that includes premium factory parts including the Yamaha “Ultra-Premium lighting package” (includes lighted logo).

We added all options that are included in The Village Golf Cars “Lifestyle package”, including a hard Sunbrella enclosure. Here are approximate prices I was quoted in August 2020:

New 2021:
Country Village (Webster) $10,300
The lighted emblem is 69.00, sunbrella enclosures are 350.00 3.5in. Backlit Yamaha Tuning Fork Logo Light for sale in Collinsville, TX | Golf Cart Solutions (214) 995-8118

County Village: 10,300 + tax 927 total 11,227

Out of state from a licensed Yamaha dealer, 8,900, 650 delivery, no tax, enclosure 350.00, premium lighted logo 69.00 or 9,969

Certainly something to talk to during negotiations with County Village.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:04 PM
Default Golf carts

Nothing but issues from Villages Golf Car from day one. Carts options not as ordered. Had to leave to be corrected. Backfire issue took three visits and talking to manager. Squeeky belt they never could correct. Neighbores using Clubs & Carts have much better experience.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjp0hgo View Post
Nothing but issues from Villages Golf Car from day one. Carts options not as ordered. Had to leave to be corrected. Backfire issue took three visits and talking to manager. Squeeky belt they never could correct. Neighbores using Clubs & Carts have much better experience.
Surely since Nov. 2015 there must have been other complaints about the Villages that you had. But it's good you got that off your chest today and made room for more turkey tomorrow. I bought 5 carts from them with no problems. Welcome to TOTV. 1 more Great first post.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:19 PM

My brother and I each bought new yamaha's from an out of state dealer in Alabama. Mine in 2016 my brother in 2019. No sales tax. Saved thousands
LBB-LLB
Old 02-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

When we were buying our first cart it was inside the Villages $16k and outside the Villages $13k. The $13k was exactly like I wanted including the cancelling directional so we went with the Village Discount Golf Carts. They are close enough that you drive over some grass and you are in the Villages. For our second cart we saw a used cart at Village Golf Carts so we bought it. So far so good on both.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
I 4 power in Webster. $2000. Cheaper. I can stand a lot of aggravation for 2K.
I went this route. And there was no aggravation. Eeezy Peeezy.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
When we were buying our first cart it was inside the Villages $16k and outside the Villages $13k. The $13k was exactly like I wanted including the cancelling directional so we went with the Village Discount Golf Carts. They are close enough that you drive over some grass and you are in the Villages. For our second cart we saw a used cart at Village Golf Carts so we bought it. So far so good on both.
But the Villages Car at 16K was brand new, and the Village Discount cart was used ?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:33 AM

We bought two 2020 golf carts last year—one from The Villages Golf Cars and one from Villages Discount Golf Car. I can speak directly about the comparison between these two places.

When it was all said and done, the golf cart from The Villages was about $500 more. Getting a re-furbished cart (even if it was less than one year old) was not worth that savings to me.
I would absolutely buy from The Villages again. They are a Yamaha dealer and can get accessories for the carts that others cannot. I believe those to be superior to the things installed by Villages Discount Golf Car. The lighting system, self-canceling turn signals, and wheels are just a few things that are better on our cart bought from The Villages.

The Villages also gets the nod for convenience of service. I also feel like they are more concerned about customer satisfaction than the Villages Discount Golf Car.

When it comes time to buy again, I will choose buying from The Villages Golf Car. I would also recommend this to anyone who asks.

Last edited by GoHawks!; 02-05-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:33 AM

Country Village Power (or I-4 Power) in Webster all the way! Steve and Carolyn are excellent in helping you select what you want. We saved $3,000 over the same cart and options at The Villages GC. We purchased over two years ago. Friendly, helpful and excellent service. They come to my house for annual service. Fantastic!
Old 02-05-2021, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks! View Post
We bought two 2020 golf carts last year—one from The Villages Golf Cars and one from Villages Discount Golf Car. I can speak directly about the comparison between these two places.

When it was all said and done, the golf cart from The Villages was about $500 more. Getting a re-furbished cart (even if it was less than one year old) was not worth that savings to me.
I would absolutely buy from The Villages again. They are a Yamaha dealer and can get accessories for the carts that others cannot. I believe those to be superior to the things installed by Villages Discount Golf Car. The lighting system, self-canceling turn signals, and wheels are just a few things that are better on our cart bought from The Villages.

The Villages also gets the nod for convenience of service. I also feel like they are more concerned about customer satisfaction than the Villages Discount Golf Car.

When it comes time to buy again, I will choose buying from The Villages Golf Car. I would also recommend this to anyone who asks.
I had the exact same experience — not much difference in price for NEW vs REFURB.
I also like knowing i can call the sales guy, drive 2 minutes and have an issue fixed.
To each their own.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Default Save a bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Yes Webster is a good place to buy a Cart. The only thing bad about buying there is a lot of options they don’t have a lot of options there for you to see. It’s mostly pictures. We put a down payment on one there but then went to Colony Cottage Yamaha & they actually beat Webster by $300. Plus got 3 other options for FREE. Webster did give our $500. down payment back with no problems. So yes if you don’t buy in TV, go to Webster!
We also bought a new Yahama and saved hundreds by buying in Webster !!

Don't just believe what you read..... Go get an estimate you will see
Old 02-05-2021, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboViper View Post
We also bought a new Yahama and saved hundreds by buying in Webster !!

Don't just believe what you read..... Go get an estimate you will see
i bought a new yamaha from webster today and saved $1600 over the villages and got what i wanted. forget village discount [used ]2021 carts.
Closed Thread

Tags
purchased, golf, villages, mind, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.