Buy a lot? Timeframes?

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2020, 11:28 PM
Question Buy a lot? Timeframes?

I see the Villages homefinder website lists a few lots for sale. Example: 928 Judith Lane , St Catherines 19K. Looks like a good spot, cul de sac, not packed in like others. Looking for the real estate pros here to answer some questions.
I dont see square footage? Are all designs allowed?
Is a timeframe to build required?
If home is not under construction when sewer and water goes by the lot, will I get a lateral?
Is this a good way to secure a spot we like, or no?
Thanks again.
Bud
Old 10-11-2020, 02:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI401 View Post
I see the Villages homefinder website lists a few lots for sale. Example: 928 Judith Lane , St Catherines 19K. Looks like a good spot, cul de sac, not packed in like others. Looking for the real estate pros here to answer some questions.
If home is not under construction when sewer and water goes by the lot, will I get a lateral?
Thanks again.
Bud
You need to decide on what model you want, before you look at a lot. TV rep will find the lot you need for the house you want.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Thanks again.
Bud
Best to call a sales office with these questions.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Thanks again.
Bud
Why not call the source?
Old 10-11-2020, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

We did this in 2013.
There may be limits in the size of the house, as there are build lines that the home cannot exceed. Ours hit these in 2 corners (pie shaped lot. Get a plot plan.
We tried to have the home realigned 5 degrees or so to miss one of the limitations and this was NOT allowed.
When we bought the lot we were told building had to start within 6 months.
As I recall there was no limitation on the style of house, but we were only interested in one style.
There are limitations on the location of the house on the lot so all of the houses line up correctly.
Our agent asked if we wanted a pool, as the lot was a little small for a pool, we said no, and later added 800 square feet of birdcage.
If your lot backs up to another road, there may be a utility corridor that could be 20 feet wide (no build zone).
The color of our house was open for us, as we built before the houses on either side built, as I recall they would not allow 2 houses with the same (or very similar?) paint schemes next to each other.
There were standard locations for potable water, irrigation water, and sewer, all of these should shown on the plot plan for the lot. You should be able to get this from the county.
Hope this helps.

Tags
lot, spot, good, home, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.