Tricycle group

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Default Tricycle group

I heard that there was specifically a Trike riding group. Any info out there?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't know about a group, but every time I see someone on an adult trike it looks like they are really working hard. They look like they are very hard to peddle and I don't see many being peddled around The Villages.

Are they something that people buy and not use????
Old 02-05-2015, 12:59 PM

Can't speak for others but I love my trike!!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't know about a group, but every time I see someone on an adult trike it looks like they are really working hard. They look like they are very hard to peddle and I don't see many being peddled around The Villages.

Are they something that people buy and not use????
There are, primarily, three types of trikes: recumbent tadpole, recumbent delta and upright adult. The most common are the tadpole type that have 2 wheels in the front and one in the rear. Recumbent delta trikes have the opposite configuration. The adult type trikes are, typically, used for running errands and short jaunts, and are not as stable as recumbents. Recumbent trikes (tadpole and delta) generally, are much faster and suited for riding longer distance.

To answer the OP's question, there is a specific recumbent trike group within the Sumter Landing Bike Club. That group, this time of year, rides at 9:00am on Mondays from the Barnes & Noble parking lot in LSL. Just show up, sign in if you're not a member, and ride with a very nice group of people.

I often ride with this group, however, I will be riding my couch for the next several weeks as I recover from yesterday's double hernia surgery...yechhh!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.