Buying a house by looking at pictures on computer

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Have a couple of friends that would like to move to TV from Texas. Does anyone know what it might cost to have a moving company move them here or any idea what it might cost? I move from Ohio down here & my wife & I move ourselves so I can't be any help with what I want to know. Yes, I know I could call a moving company but it won't do me any good to do it from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Have a couple of friends that would like to move to TV from Texas. Does anyone know what it might cost to have a moving company move them here or any idea what it might cost? I move from Ohio down here & my wife & I move ourselves so I can't be any help with what I want to know. Yes, I know I could call a moving company but it won't do me any good to do it from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
We got a quote from United to move from OKC to TV for $8K and included insurance for damage. That included one sofa, two chairs, dining table chairs + china, most kitchen items and dishes, TV cabinet, piano, fire table. No Beds or bedroom furniture. PODS were closer to $3K but you pack and unpack. Storage of the POD was $300+/month. We were surprised at the cost of United bid considering we aren't bringing much furniture. Bottom line is for your friends to figure out how much they want to bring and get their bids. Distance, weight and number of items make a difference.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:04 AM

You can make an offer with the contingency that you can go and look at it in person. Then you can cancel the offer if you aren't happy. Our realtor gave me 7 days. We ended up buying the house.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaRich View Post
You can make an offer with the contingency that you can go and look at it in person. Then you can cancel the offer if you aren't happy. Our realtor gave me 7 days. We ended up buying the house.
NOT on a new home in The Villages. They accept NO contingencies on new homes.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:48 PM

Many people here have bought without seeing home. Personally most homes here are beautiful! Marcia
Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Has anyone really bought a house without literally looking at it in person. I see a house that I like, but afraid by the time I get there, it will be gone. My husband does not want to do that as pictures are deceiving. Like the burger that they advertise on TV but do not actually look like that when you buy it.
We did so just two months ago. Living in California, our realtor did face time with us. Put in an offer right after. We love our new home.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:18 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
We got a quote from United to move from OKC to TV for $8K and included insurance for damage. That included one sofa, two chairs, dining table chairs + china, most kitchen items and dishes, TV cabinet, piano, fire table. No Beds or bedroom furniture. PODS were closer to $3K but you pack and unpack. Storage of the POD was $300+/month. We were surprised at the cost of United bid considering we aren't bringing much furniture. Bottom line is for your friends to figure out how much they want to bring and get their bids. Distance, weight and number of items make a difference.
Anther difference is packing and unpacking. One or last move we saved five grand by doing these two tasks ourselves.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciamthompson View Post
Many people here have bought without seeing home. Personally most homes here are beautiful! Marcia
I would want to see first before buying because I cannot stand Florida decor.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
I would want to see first before buying because I cannot stand Florida decor.
Decor and furnishings are the easiest to see in photos, and they are also the easiest to change.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:49 AM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Nice thing about google maps is you can see everything, pretty much everyone knows where the power lines are. As far as noise, that can change in 15 minutes. Our first house we were first to close on the street, at night it was so quiet, you sometimes walked to the end of the drive to see if there was life. We all loved the quiet on our street enjoy the closeness of our neighborhood, and the block parties in the driveways.

Then at 6 months, 8 houses down a guy with a passion for woodworking moved in.
Staring at 5am, till sometimes midnight, it was like living in a commercial zone. Not only the noise, but friends over to use the equipment.
Neighbors politely asked to keep noise at reasonable hours, then community watch, then houses on both sides, and across the street went up for sale. So the quiet neighborhood you move into can change overnight
If he was running the equipment that many hours on a daily basis, I would wonder whether he was operating a business out of his home. Isn't this against TV regulations?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Default We did

We have a 2/2 courtyard villa on Nancy Lopez golf course completely furnished with golf cart. its at 17379 SE 84th Foxgrove Ave. it is on Zillow for rent.
Closed Thread

Tags
house, pictures, burger, buy, husband

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.