Cabin Fever

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Default Cabin Fever

I belong to several local social media sites and it seems many of the folks are experiencing "cabin fever". I get it as it's not fun to have our activities interrupted. It's frustrating at least. That said I've been reading where people take a ride and have observed folks congregating and doing what was usual activities before this virus thing hit. I don't know this 1st hand as I've stayed home, except to get to the store (that's infrequently) to pick up groceries so we can eat. Before this whole thing, I was pretty much hunkered down anyway, due to some health issues. I don't get it...why people can't follow directions and stay in like the rest of us. By not complying they may be extending this in-activity that's affecting the whole of our community, state and nation (world actually). The medical people are placing their lives on the line and working hard/long hours. The service people (of the businesses still open) are doing the same. I read comments on how citizens are treating one another and these people as well. I don't get "that" part of it. Let's all just pull together and support one another. I had a friend comment yesterday on "how in a hundred years....what we're going through won't make a difference." Soon...this too shall pass and we can get back to our lives.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:07 PM
Sage

No responses....thoughts re: cabin fever and no-one complying. Have a news-show on re: beach closures that probably won't happen on the weekend. Governor is going to have check-points along the border to ward off folks coming from Louisiana. Guess we could have a big up-surge of virus-related illnesses.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Short of Martial Law and curfews there isn't much the authorities can do about the problem.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Captain's Log Day 12 - Willing to trade razor blades for toilet paper
Old 03-27-2020, 04:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Captain's Log Day 12 - Willing to trade razor blades for toilet paper
LOL good one!
Old 03-27-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am painting, doing puzzles, have the company of two lovely people but still all of the stressful news is very hard to take and when people say "turn off the news"...… I wonder how that is possible. It is important to keep informed to protect not only our family, but everyone. A friend showed pictures of a funeral procession and remembrance here in The Villages, where a group honored a neighbor who had died by having a golf cart procession and holding signs. She said there was no contact, distance was kept and it was hard not to hug people. I don't think this person died due to Covid-19. Just saying that most people are doing everything they can to follow rules and most of us still care about each other. Most Villagers are good people.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-28-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Unfortunately, one of the biggest downsides to this cabin fever is the dramatic rise in the cases of domestic abuse throughout the country and the biggest culprit is men.

Guys, think before you do something that some of you will regret the rest of your life.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:06 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation

My dog and I don't even talk any more.

Skip
Old 03-28-2020, 04:19 AM
Sage

One good thing about staying home is I'm losing weight--not venturing into Wawa's, for their great breakfast sandwiches
Old 03-28-2020, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

House is so sterile after this virus, it could be converted to ICU. All dust bunnies corraled, hair-ball produced by my furry friend are minimal. Only scary time is trip to grocery store, yipsters, welcome staying at home after last trip, peeps getting angry at folks over little things.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Captain's Log Day 13 - Saturday - Big night planned for tonight. I am putting a bottle of libation in each room of the house. I'm going on a pub crawl.

Coronavirus Rhapsody by Queen | COVID-19 Karaoke - YouTube

Last edited by rustyp; 03-28-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:42 AM

I'm not sure about that "losing weight" thingy. Too much time now to cook, bake and try new recipes (most of which are dinner for 4). Too many leftovers! Then there are the Breakfast treats that somehow have managed to sneak into the grocery cart (latest were Apple Fritters, package of 10)! Lunch yesterday was Spaghetti (we usually have a quick sandwich and maybe a few chips or Salad). I think I will pack away the WW Scale until after this Virus passes! I don't think evening rides in the Golf cart count as exercise!
Old 03-28-2020, 07:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I had Cabin Fever bad today. I nearly bit off someone's head on Facebook. I think it was because there are so many who keep saying that Covid-19 is no more serious than the flu we encountered most years in the past...and the bitterness among friends about politics. I missed you all. It has been close to a month now since I could communicate with you on this forum.

And of course the debate about the main stream media. That is wearing too.
Good to see you're back GG. SO agree with you. I like to keep up with the Forum, but it sure does get irritating at times. Of course everyone has a right to their opinion - but it is JUST that - THEIR opinion.

When it becomes "HOW CAN YOU THINK THAT?" Or "YOU"RE JUST PLAIN WRONG". You catch the drift. I often wonder, would folks (behind that keyboard) say those things face-to-face, 6' apart. There is no doubt if we opened a Thread with "It's a beautiful day out there", some would reply..." No! There's a cloud".

So, I like to be informed, but sometimes on ToTV - I mumble...grrrrrr.

That's my opinion.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
My dog and I don't even talk any more.

Skip
Funny,funny
Old 03-28-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Captain's Log Day 13 - Saturday - Big night planned for tonight. I am putting a bottle of libation in each room of the house. I'm going on a pub crawl.

Coronavirus Rhapsody by Queen | COVID-19 Karaoke - YouTube
How good is the singer.
Shades of Freddy!!
Best virus song by far.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, thing, lives, fever, cabin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.