Cabin Fever

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Captain's Log Day 13 - Saturday - Big night planned for tonight. I am putting a bottle of libation in each room of the house. I'm going on a pub crawl.

Coronavirus Rhapsody by Queen | COVID-19 Karaoke - YouTube
Old 03-28-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:
Captain's Log Day 13 - Saturday - Big night planned for tonight. I am putting a bottle of libation in each room of the house. I'm going on a pub crawl.

This is so funny you had me in tears of laughter. And the music too.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
My dog and I don't even talk any more.

Skip
If I had coffee in my mouth, I would have spit it out!!!! That's funny stuff!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-28-2020, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-28-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Stay tuned I am working hard on Captain's log Day 14. Laughter the best medicine !
Old 03-28-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage

Can’t wait.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Cabin Fever - yes, we both have it. He does better than me, he spends hours weeding the garden and then cannot straighten up, but the garden looks GREAT.

I get up every morning and look at all the jobs I should be doing and never get to, and when this mess is all over and done with I am going to be so p....d with myself for not doing what I could when I didn't have anything else to do.

I am sick to death of the continual bickering on TV, all the channels are constantly trying to goad people into disagreements. We all know there have been mistakes in the handling of this, but suck it up and just get us what we need ....... and that is tests. Yes, I want a test, I want to know if I have it or whether this social distancing has worked. I want to see the whole country tested so that we can have an approximation of how long this might last. Right now all we keep hearing is that it has spread to more and more States.

I am also sick to death of all the bickering and downright nasty snarky remarks being made on TOTV. There was an innocent thread started about the Yard Waste pickup and where it goes, someone even went to the trouble of making a nasty snarky remark about that. Get a life people, we are supposed to be in this together not tearing each other apart.

Also, and this is BIG .... do not try to talk politics to me. I don't care which party you belong to, I never have and I never will and I don't want you ramming politics down my throat. It is your right to believe whatever you want, and it is mine to do the same. You are never going to change my mind, so don't waste both our lives arguing about it.

So, in a nut shell .......... yes I have cabin fever, big time and I cannot wait for things to get back to normal.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-28-2020, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I agree with Amee. I miss just floating from here to there with no agenda and stopping for a little snack and watching the Sunset on Lake Sumter. If we do the rite thing it will all be ours again soon. We go to get the mail late at night in the Golf Cart but I'm gonna stop that cause just in case we break down I don't wanna call out Kart Aide that late at night. Plus how do you get back home? If I was the Kart Aide guy I wouldn't give anybody a courtesy ride under these conditions.

My wife just got word that the Mom of one of the kids from her Day Care in N.J. has the Virus. She is a teacher herself. What a heartbreaker.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Cabin Fever - yes, we both have it. He does better than me, he spends hours weeding the garden and then cannot straighten up, but the garden looks GREAT.

I get up every morning and look at all the jobs I should be doing and never get to, and when this mess is all over and done with I am going to be so p....d with myself for not doing what I could when I didn't have anything else to do.

I am sick to death of the continual bickering on TV, all the channels are constantly trying to goad people into disagreements. We all know there have been mistakes in the handling of this, but suck it up and just get us what we need ....... and that is tests. Yes, I want a test, I want to know if I have it or whether this social distancing has worked. I want to see the whole country tested so that we can have an approximation of how long this might last. Right now all we keep hearing is that it has spread to more and more States.

I am also sick to death of all the bickering and downright nasty snarky remarks being made on TOTV. There was an innocent thread started about the Yard Waste pickup and where it goes, someone even went to the trouble of making a nasty snarky remark about that. Get a life people, we are supposed to be in this together not tearing each other apart.

Also, and this is BIG .... do not try to talk politics to me. I don't care which party you belong to, I never have and I never will and I don't want you ramming politics down my throat. It is your right to believe whatever you want, and it is mine to do the same. You are never going to change my mind, so don't waste both our lives arguing about it.

So, in a nut shell .......... yes I have cabin fever, big time and I cannot wait for things to get back to normal.

GREAT! I just may frame your post Madeline, Thank you.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage

Captain's Log Day 14 - Woke up in a strange bed this morning after last night's house pub crawl. Fido not happy about sleeping on the ceramic tile. Beginning to appreciate why Fido eats the furniture when left home alone.

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN - Flashmob - LEGENDADO PORTUGUES - INGLES - YouTube
Old 03-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage

Fido wants his bed back!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Sage

Captain's Log Day 15 - Caught myself barking at a squirrel out the lanai window this morning.

"Stayin' Inside" - Corona Virus Bee Gees Parody - YouTube
Old 03-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage

These songs are just killing me... lol... so good to have fun at this time!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:20 AM
Sage

Captain's Log Day 16 - sixteen days ? I'm into overtime now.

The Statler Brothers: Flowers on the Wall - YouTube
Old 03-31-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

O.K. there Captain's Log The Villages. So far Mr. Monte Hall of Musica I'll take Door #1. STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN - Flashmob - LEGENDADO PORTUGUES - INGLES - YouTube. It's the Portuguese angle to a beautiful song that appeals to me the most. Every Portuguese person in our lives have been NOTHING but PERFECT. Thank's rustyp.

I wish I could bring you all with me to share a meal at three restaurants in Newark N.J. in an area called DownNeck. Forno's of Spain, Seabra's, Iberia-Either One. Best Portuguese Food with atmosphere that is unmatched. Not elegant just comfortable and modest. What a nice Song, what a Great Memory. Obrigado
Closed Thread

Tags
people, thing, lives, fever, cabin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.