Cable Cutters

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to rjcataniajr
Default Cable Cutters

This question pertains to people who are using OTA (Over The AIR) to watch TV. Are any of you recently NOT getting 2-3 (NBC) ?

thank you,
Russ
Old 12-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Sage

NBC can sometimes be a problem - it seems mostly in the evenings. Right now, I am pulling it in OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcataniajr View Post
This question pertains to people who are using OTA (Over The AIR) to watch TV. Are any of you recently NOT getting 2-3 (NBC) ?

thank you,
Russ
Old 12-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

NBC also shows up on 2.1 and 24.3. You can sometimes get it there if 2.3 gives you a problem. Yes, it is the one network that can be difficult to get OTA in The Villages.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:08 PM

NBC's Orlando antenna (Channels 2.1 and 2.2) is not at the same place the others are and can be very problematic to receive here in The Villages. You can some times get NBC off the Gainsville antenna which is Channels 2.3 and 2.4.

If you really want NBC consistently you can get it with YouTube TV or Playstation Vue over the internet.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Or Hulu Live Tv, or a half-dozen other streaming packages.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:52 AM

I use a ClearStream 4V,as I wanted to have a fixed and not rotate. Channel 2.1 (real channel 11) out of Orlando are VHF,and are harder to receive,from a distance. So with the antenna I have, I can pick up channel 2.1 (real channel 24,repeater antenna) out of Ocala, from the back side of the antenna, and is broadcast in UHF. I use a Tivo OTA (over the air) to record as the wife and I are out enjoying The Villages lifestyle. With the Tivo I can see all channels I can receive, and the signal strength. We also signed up for DirecTv now shortly after it came out. Had DirecTv for 25 years,however the cost got to be high for the amount we watched. So after a couple years in the villages,we looked for alternatives. That was about three years ago.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLKx2 View Post
I use a ClearStream 4V,as I wanted to have a fixed and not rotate. Channel 2.1 (real channel 11) out of Orlando are VHF,and are harder to receive,from a distance. So with the antenna I have, I can pick up channel 2.1 (real channel 24,repeater antenna) out of Ocala, from the back side of the antenna, and is broadcast in UHF. I use a Tivo OTA (over the air) to record as the wife and I are out enjoying The Villages lifestyle. With the Tivo I can see all channels I can receive, and the signal strength. We also signed up for DirecTv now shortly after it came out. Had DirecTv for 25 years,however the cost got to be high for the amount we watched. So after a couple years in the villages,we looked for alternatives. That was about three years ago.
Can you give me some advice on the model for the TIVO OTA?
Does DirectTV now make the use of the antenna obsolete or is it still needed in combination with DTV?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to rjcataniajr

I just finished with the 7 day trial of DirecTV Now. You do not need an antenna for this service, net hookup only. I have been using Tivo Roamio going on 4 years. I use an inside antenna in the attic along with Hulu, Netflix and other available resources on the net. I have included a link for questions you may have about Tivo. Also check out the Tivo Forums for the best information you are seeking.

hope this helps,
Russ

https://www.tivo.com/shop/bolt-detail
Old 12-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I just finished with the 7 day trial of DirecTV Now. You do not need an antenna for this service, net hookup only. I have been using Tivo Roamio going on 4 years. I use an inside antenna in the attic along with Hulu, Netflix and other available resources on the net. I have included a link for questions you may have about Tivo. Also check out the Tivo Forums for the best information you are seeking.

hope this helps,
Russ

https://www.tivo.com/shop/bolt-detail
Much appreciated!
Old 12-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:

thank you,
Russ
NBC is actually broad casted from Orange City FL
. ( 90 deg. from The Villages ) from the tallest man-made
structure in the state of Florida. Aim your antenna more
toward the East to compromise between other Orlando channels.
Closed Thread

Tags
recently, russ, nbc, 2-3, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.