Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
No problem.

1) Settings

2) Display

3) Preferences to Guide Channels. Set to Show All Channels.

When you go to the Guide you will see a choice of two channels for each channel. Use the one that is NOT marked HD.
It has worked like a charm even in the worst storms. So far that is.

Yesterday I ordered the Old School Remote Controls from Amazon. They were only about $5 each. We think they are easier to use. PM me if you need more help.
So....you view your TV in standard definition only during the times your TV goes out because of weather? Do I understand that correctly?
Old 05-23-2018, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
So....you view your TV in standard definition only during the times your TV goes out because of weather? Do I understand that correctly?
Yes that is true. Works like a charm. It has not let us down yet. There is a difference in the quality of the picture but at least we have service 98% of the time.

My son said the TV will always work better at his house if somebody remembers to pay the bill. Kids.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
I cut the cord. All i have is internet,, with a Firestick. And downloaded the Free TV Apps. It take a little time to get use to it.
I also have Netflix ( FREE) My nephew added me to his plan. If you are “Snowbird” You can get the “Sling player”
NOT THE SLING BOX.... “””” SLING PLAYER””””. Check that out.
Can you elaborate or provide a link for the SLING PLayer? What is it exactly?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
I had directv now for almost a year and until recently when they added a second, they offered only one local channel in RI. YouTube tv when I subscribed last month had all four local channels. You can try YouTube tv for free to see what local channels you get.
Brucernelson
I know where Chepachet I’m just a little east of there in Johnston. We are in the process of buying a villa in Calumet Grove.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Slingbox.com - Slingplayer Apps
Old 05-24-2018, 07:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Observations

First I start with no one is looking out for the consumer in the TV World! When was the last time has anyone seen a Cable Co being challenged by the Florida politicians? There are no controls over that business and the consumer is at their mercy. The major cable stores on 441 are there as retail stores and allegedly receive commisions if they can get someone to cancel a cable co and get the consumer to go to another co. Consumers should be sure to deal only with the "Corporate Stores". Example: If you have a remote fail call the store on 441 to replace it and see what the price is. Next call the Corp. Service people and see what the price is. Enough said. We have Direct TV and love it. But like the others you have to watch them. If you call for service make sure it is not a sub contractor or you are signing up for DirectTVNOW which is Streaming and $35 added to your bill. Their NFL Ticket is great but expensive, about $200 for 6 months. It is a typical..Buyer Beware!!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
There is Sling TV, a pay-for-service TV streaming system similar to Hulu, YouTube TV and Direct TV Vow. You need a smart TV or Roku box to watch.

Slingplayer is an app that allows you to watch your TV from a remote location. You need to buy and connect a SlingBOX at that remote location. It transmits your TV signals to anywhere you have internet. I have used it for years down here in Florida and it works pretty well. But now I subscribe to YouTube TV and can watch anywhere on any device.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Brucernelson
I know where Chepachet I’m just a little east of there in Johnston. We are in the process of buying a villa in Calumet Grove.
Welcome! I sent you a PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, comcast, people, cable, television

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.