Caddy Buddy makes navigating easier

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 PM
Default Caddy Buddy makes navigating easier

When I got here in TV, I used the Villages app to get around. The directions were OK, but not great. After upgrading to the paid app, it was a little better, but the narration was not accurate for me. Being unfamiliar with the roads snd cart trails, I had to hold the phone up where I could see it instead of listening.

Then I found the caddy buddy. It clamps to the windshield post for an easy view of the screen without holding it, or looking down. It was $29.95, and worth it to me. It's also great to hold the phone while playing golf. I thought I'd let anyone know that might find it useful.

Here is a link:

Mounts for iPads, iPhones,Tripods, GoPro, Cameras and Golf Carts
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190110-203108_Chrome.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	78118  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Great idea.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Here’s another idea that costs just a few cents. Place a couple of small Velcro strips on the back of your phone and on your scorecard holder. Place the phone on the holder when driving and using the app. Pretty secure and when not in use put the hone in your pocket.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There is also another new one from WeatherTech. Looks about the same but gives you an option. Thanks Jerry C.

I'm in the market for 2 of these babies I think I'm gonna get one of each.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Gold member

I use the “Caddy Buddy” to hold my iphone and then use a speedometer app that has very large numbers. Works great everywhere.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:17 PM

Nucky, it holds my phone very secure. There are different sizes. I was worried about my $900 phone flying off and hitting the cart path, but it is very secure.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry C View Post
When I got here in TV, I used the Villages app to get around. The directions were OK, but not great. After upgrading to the paid app, it was a little better, but the narration was not accurate for me. Being unfamiliar with the roads snd cart trails, I had to hold the phone up where I could see it instead of listening.

Then I found the caddy buddy. It clamps to the windshield post for an easy view of the screen without holding it, or looking down. It was $29.95, and worth it to me. It's also great to hold the phone while playing golf. I thought I'd let anyone know that might find it useful.

Here is a link:

Mounts for iPads, iPhones,Tripods, GoPro, Cameras and Golf Carts
Thanks, great site.

Tags
app, caddy, buddy, great, hold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.