Call Waiting, Etc.

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Call Waiting, Etc.

With Xfinity features include call waiting, caller ID etc. From a personal view I prefer not to interrupt a telephone conversation to answer another call. Xfinity has caller ID and unless it is an emergency I make a mental note finish my conversation and then return the unanswered call.

When automatic phone systems became a matter of fact managers such as me realized that employees could and so would use voicemail to avoid callers. I implemented many controls to ensure that customers were not put off. and as you all experiences you can call into a company and never reach a human being

With the popularity of cell phones we have many incidences of rude behavior in public places.

My obvious question then , is how do many of you view phones ,types, features,use or abuse etc? I do understand the benefits and cost savings associated with some features. However, are they really cost saving?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

With Xfinity features include call waiting, caller ID etc. From a personal view I prefer not to interrupt a telephone conversation to answer another call. Xfinity has caller ID and unless it is an emergency I make a mental note finish my conversation and then return the unanswered call.

When automatic phone systems became a matter of fact managers such as me realized that employees could and so would use voicemail to avoid callers. I implemented many controls to ensure that customers were not put off. and as you all experiences you can call into a company and never reach a human being

With the popularity of cell phones we have many incidences of rude behavior in public places.

My obvious question then , is how do many of you view phones ,types, features,use or abuse etc? I do understand the benefits and cost savings associated with some features. However, are they really cost saving?
I still work full time, and I don't use the caller ID feature on my work phone to avoid talking to customers. There is one person in my office who turns her phone volume down so low she cannot hear her phone ring . Caller ID is a feature I would not live without on my home landline and cell phone.

In the home I am renting while I'm in TV I have received 3 phone calls since Friday from an automated phone system from a high school somewhere in Florida notifying me that my high school student has skipped school. Somehow this school has this rental home's landline phone number in their database as the contact number for the parent of Mr. or Ms. Truant Student -- I hope this young person decides to get back to school. If I had skipped 3 days of high school and my father found out I would still not be able to sit down comfortably if you get my drift...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Sage

Back in NY we had a phone number that was one digit off from a nearby marina called Nichols. I often heard my husband say, "No, this is Dimes. We are a little more upscale than Nichols. No sir, your yacht is not big enough."
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Sage

The phone number for my landline phone in suburban Chicago is one digit off of the ticket line for the Schaumburg Boomers minor league baseball team. The team has been in existence for about 10 years. The first summer they played I kept getting calls for tickets, ticket info., etc. Now it is down to about 3 calls for tickets per summer. Play Ball!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Based on responses I could have been clearr with my post. I favor the caller ID and use it to decide if the call merits return ie neighbor vis a vis telemarketer. What I don't like is the call waiting becaude i feel rude interrupting my conversation to take another call. also with cell phones there are times and places to place them on silence. I am retireed

For those still working telephone edict is essnetial for good customer service, etc. Many companies have alienated their customer base because of their automated system and/or employees who use such system to intentionally ignore customers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.