Callaway, Carrabelle or Durham Courtyard Villas

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Default Callaway, Carrabelle or Durham Courtyard Villas

Found floor plans and virtual tours of the above homes on The Villages website yesterday...so exciting!

Now to decide which one!
Old 04-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I live in a Woodlawn, the name was changed to Durham in 2011, I bought the last Woodlawn built. It was in Southern Star Villas, next villa community built was Montbrook and they used the Durham name in those villas. The only difference was the 2 bedrooms in a Durham have a tray ceiling instead of a vaulted ceiling like ours, and the front porch overhang was 5' and they extended it to 10' out over the front window, and the price was $20,000 higher than I paid. So I jumped on the Woodlawn. So 2 BR masonry villas with the bar from 2011 on back will be a Woodlawn and August 2011 and on will be a Durham.

Inside there is a wall at the end of our 10' kitchen bar, some Durhams I've seen without that. Some people prefer no wall, it's makes it more open looking. I like the wall, it makes the entrance appear more like a foyer and we have a picture and small half table against the wall. On the kitchen side it has the jacks for our phone and internet, the wall sort of conceals the wires from view. Which I like, I also have blackboard on that side to write notes.

I don't have a better angle, but here is a side view of the wall at the end of the bar. I love the bar, we eat almost every meal there. An eat-in kitchen is the other option on the 2 BR masonry villas with a small pass-thru over the sink. The sink is not below an outside window, which I like having that.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
decide, exciting, yesterday, website, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.