Wildwood Dentists....Use with Caution

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2021, 09:49 AM
Default Wildwood Dentists....Use with Caution

Before you go, do your homework....I won't go into all the details because the reviews on Facebook spell things out so well. Please read those first since they really reflect how this practice is run and my experience. I felt like a turkey on Thanksgiving, everyone wanted a piece!

I don't want anyone to feel like I did, overwhelmed & pushed....staff is fine but u should understand all the procedures they will try and sell you regardless of necessity and don't rush into those decisions the same day, especially if its your first visit.

good luck out there!

location is on 44

Last edited by Andrea3051; 11-25-2021 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

I didn’t have a good experience there. Will never go back
Old 11-25-2021, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea3051 View Post
Before you go, do your homework....I won't go into all the details because the reviews on Facebook spell things out so well. Please read those first since they really reflect how this practice is run and my experience. I felt like a turkey on Thanksgiving, everyone wanted a piece!

I don't want anyone to feel like I did, overwhelmed & pushed....staff is fine but u should understand all the procedures they will try and sell you regardless of necessity and don't rush into those decisions the same day, especially if its your first visit.

good luck out there!
Sounds just like, but likely NOT WORSE THAN Aspen Dental. After you leave that place you wonder "how's YOUR Aspen." After being with the same local dentist for close to 40 years (when SHE first came out of dental school) moving down here has been a dental horror ..... My wife did finally found what seems like an honest dentist who is not a salesman on 466 (Howell Dental). Of course everyone's opinion may vary but he seems better than the other 2 we have tried.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:50 PM
Platinum member

Corporate locations have monetary quotas. Best to avoid them. Plenty of insider discussions on YouTube. They either produce or are gone. Much like car salesmen
Old 11-25-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Sounds just like, but likely NOT WORSE THAN Aspen Dental. After you leave that place you wonder "how's YOUR Aspen." After being with the same local dentist for close to 40 years (when SHE first came out of dental school) moving down here has been a dental horror ..... My wife did finally found what seems like an honest dentist who is not a salesman on 466 (Howell Dental). Of course everyone's opinion may vary but he seems better than the other 2 we have tried.
yikes, i will avoid Aspen too, I think those corporate places operate the same. I really felt mugged afterwards, they kept sending in different people to try and get me to approve all the treatments they wanted me to do...I also had a long time dentist in a big city, never heard or was pushed into any of this but it was upsetting and had I not hit the brakes, I could have been left with lifelong issues from the work. I feel bad for anyone that doesn't escape and I almost gave in from being worn down. I did not even see the dentist that I booked with who is the owner. It was all very disappointing and now I know why they told me xrays and dr eval was free, it was to sell me treatments they propose to everyone right from the first visit, nothing is ever free without strings
Old 11-25-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,268 Posts

Is it the office on Main Street or Hwy 44?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-25-2021, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Corporate locations have monetary quotas. Best to avoid them. Plenty of insider discussions on YouTube. They either produce or are gone. Much like car salesmen
Actually they are franchises from what I have been reading. Look up the owner of Assbeen Dental on 466 (unless it has changed in the last 2 years) on the State website you'd see some interesting stuff. Not sure if they are all owned around here by the same folks.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Is it the office on Main Street or Hwy 44?
the one on 44
Old 11-25-2021, 01:38 PM
Platinum member

Watch teethtalkgirl on YouTube. Has information from the inside. Deep cleaning one of the greatest scams for most
Old 11-25-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Watch teethtalkgirl on YouTube. Has information from the inside. Deep cleaning one of the greatest scams for most
omg, that's what they tried to sell me, the deep cleaning, after I came home and researched it, I could have been left with permanent harm due the risks never mentioned. they do it to everyone and these selling practices should be illegal, they try and scare you to buy in....ughh
Old 11-25-2021, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Well, I had to go through three dentists before I found one that didn’t up sell. They was in bubble. I had to get out of bubble to get honest care. I like how they push the deep cleaning right off. Which maybe required it you don’t have you’re teeth cleaned in years or regularly. In my case every 6 months. First two. said I needed deep cleaning which I knew was Bs. At my age I am lucky I’ve got 90% of my teeth. If I listened to first two they would of pulled them all and replaced them with 6K plus a tooth implant’s. Good luck on you’re quest to find good honest dentist.
Old 11-25-2021, 02:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,683 Times in 971 Posts

I have spoken with a few dentists and hygienists who have worked for the dental corporations, and have been told repeatedly that once the doctor does his/her exam and treatment planning, before it is presented to the patient, a "treatment coordinator " who is typically a high school graduate with no dental education, adds the treatments that the corporate bosses insist go on any treatment plan. These procedures have been carefully chosen as procedures that fall in the gaps of insurance coverages, so that insurance maximum fees are skirted. These procedures are, of course, high return procedures for the corporation.
I am a retired dentist myself, and for years I would see disgruntled patients from the corporation practices, and see their treatment plans, and as far as I could tell, they had very little to do with clinical findings.
Very often, in almost every case in fact, if there were a few fillings that needed to be done, because those were low profit items under the insurance plan, the corporate practice would refuse to do that work unless the entire treatment plan was approved and paid for in advance.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Love Howell Dental!
Old 11-25-2021, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Love Howell Dental!
Your chances are much better if you go outside the "bubble" and find a dental office that isn't a franchise, and doesn't advertise daily in the local paper. Went to 3 Village experiences before finding a good, honest operator about 15 miles away. I've had 45 years of experience in the dental industry and know all the tricks that unethical dentists can use to sell high profit treatments that may not be needed.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Your chances are much better if you go outside the "bubble" and find a dental office that isn't a franchise, and doesn't advertise daily in the local paper. Went to 3 Village experiences before finding a good, honest operator about 15 miles away. I've had 45 years of experience in the dental industry and know all the tricks that unethical dentists can use to sell high profit treatments that may not be needed.
What does "Outside the Bubble" mean?
Closed Thread

Tags
overwhelmed, staff, fine, pushed, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.