Cal’s Barber Shop

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to JudyLife

It is not an essential, same as beauty salons, spas.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
I doubt the barber can cut your hair from a distance of 6'.
No Duh!
Old 03-28-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
The governor ask all non essential businesses to close - while I don't necessarily agree that they are nonessential, most people feel they are. Hence they closed. And everyone is correct they can't keep the six ft distance from client.

You're just being facetious about barber's and hair salons/spas should actually be considered "essential"...right?
Old 03-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

You're just being facetious about barber's and hair salons/spas should actually be considered "essential"...right?
My wife considers the hair salon and nail salon to ESSENTIAL.

However, she's also applying good judgement by staying away until the crisis is over.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:14 AM

Love it -- "The Corona Cut". Remember those photos from China of years ago when all the males pictured had the same hair cut ? Here we go. My wife is so desperate she was even willing to let me cut her locks -- like I would EVER want to live with the aftermath of that action !
Old 03-28-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You missed a whole lot of things. Since my doctor's appointment with the VA last week was changed to a phone call and my wife's dentist appointment this week was cancelled until June, and her hair dresser (Victoria's) is closed, and MVP gym closed two weeks ago. I would be surprised any business that requires close customer contact is still open.
I'm actually enjoying my VA phone appointments. It sure beats having to drive to the clinic 35 minutes each way. (I am very good at not leaving my house for days.)

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-28-2020, 02:55 PM

I read that even animal hospitals were having difficulty being classified as Essential Businesses. So hair/nail salons? Totally non-essential. It's temporary, folks. No need to be so high maintenance. Throw your hair in a ponytail and go on with your day.
And stay the fluff home!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-28-2020, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
I read that even animal hospitals were having difficulty being classified as Essential Businesses. So hair/nail salons? Totally non-essential. It's temporary, folks. No need to be so high maintenance. Throw your hair in a ponytail and go on with your day.
And stay the fluff home!
.........as I read somwhere.
And in about 3-4 weeks, we will all know your true hair color!
Old 03-28-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Get a razor comb. Cut it yourself.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Went to Cal’s at LSL....closed. Did I miss something? I didn’t know barber shops were affected by the shutdowns.
Am I the only one that finds this just too incredible to believe? I mean, c'mon man.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage

Cal's isn't owned by "the family"..I believe it's a woman that owns it or she and her husband. Can't recall the name however.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
You are 100% correct, Barbers have to keep their distant, But if we follow the first post logic, sine the family own the golf courses they would be closed also, but wait they are open!
The golf shops have a no contact policy with scanners and no tickets. They don't touch your cards. There are only foursomes in a tee time. Most are all driving in separate carts. There are no rakes in the sandtraps to touch. The holes on the greens are now covered with pvc pipe so balls do not go into the holes and no one touches the flag stick. No one stays for any lunch or drinks afterwards. No shaking hands. It is probably the safest of any of our sports. Very little interaction.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:38 PM

Yeah you miss something barber shops close down the first day. You don't need people breathing in your face
Old 03-28-2020, 09:04 PM
Default Are Barbers safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
'Bout time. I was surprised they were opened as long as they were. I'm sure they didn't fully (or partially for that matter) disinfect each chair between customers and the barbers didn't wear gloves or masks and peoples hair was on the floor blowing all over the place. I'm desperate for a haircut but I'd have had to be stupid to sit down in one of those shops over the last few weeks. Going to have to try a DIY.
I thought about the same things and my Barber had shut down. He has reopened and I went today after talking to him yesterday. This is what he has done.
1. He wears a mask.
2. He has all appointments booked online at his Facebook page which can be found by searching American Barber Shop Summerfield.
3. He doesn't allow anyone else in his shop other than you while you get your haircut and he is the only one giving the haircuts and he is only using 1 chair.
4. He washes his hands between each person that comes through rather then using gloves which protects individuals better and if supply's last at request he will use gloves, as well as disinfecting his outside and inside doorknob after each individual leaves.
5. He has a vacuum operated pair of clippers which reduces dramatically any hair falling on the floor and has 30 minute windows to be able to sanitize etc between each haircut.
6. He sanitizes his clippers, combs and anything else that would be a part of the haircut for every individual.
7. He lets you choose if you want to wear a cape and doesn't re-use any but has fresh ones for each individual coming in.

This isn't a professional opinion just my opinion and I work in an industry that understands the times and being sanitary.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenables View Post
I thought about the same things and my Barber had shut down. He has reopened and I went today after talking to him yesterday. This is what he has done.
1. He wears a mask.
---clip---
7. He lets you choose if you want to wear a cape and doesn't re-use any but has fresh ones for each individual coming in.

This isn't a professional opinion just my opinion and I work in an industry that understands the times and being sanitary.

That's great that he he is trying to do his very best (but personally I'd still keep away). Does he fully disinfect the chair? What that CERTAINLY does NOT describe is "CALS" operation. and while he is doing his best he has absolutely no idea what his CUSTOMERS may have done or have been. He's doing his best but that wouldn't be good enough for me (or my wife) at this time of our lives. He's way too close for my comfort but he does deserve kudos for trying.
Closed Thread

Tags
cal’s, barber, affected, shops, didn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.