Cal’s Barber Shop

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
That's great that he he is trying to do his very best (but personally I'd still keep away). Does he fully disinfect the chair? What that CERTAINLY does NOT describe is "CALS" operation. and while he is doing his best he has absolutely no idea what his CUSTOMERS may have done or have been. He's doing his best but that wouldn't be good enough for me (or my wife) at this time of our lives. He's way too close for my comfort but he does deserve kudos for trying.
I so agree...........And how do the people getting their hair cut know for sure that he doesn't have a few new little Covid-19 traveling up his nose that he picked up when he went to Publix from one of the folks who is smoozing and drinking at the square and carrying the little critters to others without showing signs of sickness???? Little ****s multiply faster than rabbits and can sneak around on his face and drop right on your punkin head and then you smooth your hair and touch your nose and BINGO.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenables View Post
I thought about the same things and my Barber had shut down. He has reopened and I went today after talking to him yesterday. This is what he has done.
1. He wears a mask.
2. He has all appointments booked online at his Facebook page which can be found by searching American Barber Shop Summerfield.
3. He doesn't allow anyone else in his shop other than you while you get your haircut and he is the only one giving the haircuts and he is only using 1 chair.
4. He washes his hands between each person that comes through rather then using gloves which protects individuals better and if supply's last at request he will use gloves, as well as disinfecting his outside and inside doorknob after each individual leaves.
5. He has a vacuum operated pair of clippers which reduces dramatically any hair falling on the floor and has 30 minute windows to be able to sanitize etc between each haircut.
6. He sanitizes his clippers, combs and anything else that would be a part of the haircut for every individual.
7. He lets you choose if you want to wear a cape and doesn't re-use any but has fresh ones for each individual coming in.

This isn't a professional opinion just my opinion and I work in an industry that understands the times and being sanitary.
That sure sounds like an exceptionally conscientious barber and well-suited to the current situation. Share his name and number?
Old 03-30-2020, 12:37 PM

Shame on those barbers for not wanting to practice proper social distancing and cramming 16 people into a little room where you sit in the same chair as 100 other people. Lets get our priorities straight!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Went to Cal’s at LSL....closed. Did I miss something? I didn’t know barber shops were affected by the shutdowns.
on 3/27/2020( date of the OP) I find it hard to believe that anyone would expect a Barber shop to be open. Even less ,would I believe that someone would consider going to a shop/ hairdresser , nail shop, restaurant ta da ta da ta da.

Tags
cal’s, barber, affected, shops, didn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.