Camper/Van parking regulations

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2020, 06:25 AM

Glad I am not your neighbor
Old 05-02-2020, 07:01 AM
Default Class C Storage FYI

Our 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer Class C is stored off Route 301 for $112/month under cover with 30 amp hookup included. Also has dump station and wash area included.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:02 AM

I would ask the dealer what the MSO/Title states. Van? RV? Camper? That would definitely let you know the category it falls within.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:11 AM

Be courteous to your neighbors. Don't park it in your driveway.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:11 AM

Be considerate to your neighbors and find a storage facility. Drive around you will not even find many cars parked in driveways. Try and be a good neighbor it will come back 10 fold
Old 05-02-2020, 07:30 AM

Don’t assume you can get away with anything. Go look around at better areas. No vehicles are left in the driveway. Besides, your neighbors will call in a complaint. Save yourself a problem.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAmb View Post
Don’t assume you can get away with anything. Go look around at better areas. No vehicles are left in the driveway. Besides, your neighbors will call in a complaint. Save yourself a problem.
No vehicles are left in the driveway?

So untrue.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
We are considering purchasing a van/camper, and are wondering what the regulations are regarding parking in one's driveway. It looks like a regular van, but its a couple inches too long to fit in our garage. thanks...
Each District has it own set of Restrictive Covenants which sets the guidelines for many things including recreational vehicles. If you have not yet reviewed this document I suggest you do so as soon as possible. In my District the rules state as follows:

"No Owner of Homesite shall park, store or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces. No truck in excess of 3/4 ton, camper, boat trailer or aircraft, or any vehicle other than a private, non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space excepot a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed. No Owner of a Homesite shall repair or restore any motor vehicle, boat trailer, aircraft, or other vehicle on any portion of any Homesite, or on dedicated or reserved areas, except for emergency repairs, and then only to the extent necessary to enable movement thereof to a proper repair facility."

In addition to the above stated rule, this subject if further clarified by each District under the External Deed Restriction Standards for your District. Within this document conversion vans with hook-ups for electric and water on rear or side are consideredc recreational vehicles. Furthermore, this same document clarifies the term Parking to state that Campers, Winnebago's and other RV's are allowed on the driveway for not to exceed 72 hours (3 days) provided they are not plugged in or inhabited thus accommodating the packing and unpacking process. Fines for violating this rule are set at $150 plus $50 per day of continued violation.

Although the above information specifically addresses my specific District, I think you will find that many of the Districts have very similar restrictions. FYI The Villages operates and maintains at least two designated areas where you can rent a space to store RV's and other motor vehicles plus there are several non-Villages businesses that offer the same service. You might want to check these out.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
Each District has it own set of Restrictive Covenants which sets the guidelines for many things including recreational vehicles. If you have not yet reviewed this document I suggest you do so as soon as possible. In my District the rules state as follows:

"No Owner of Homesite shall park, store or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces. No truck in excess of 3/4 ton, camper, boat trailer or aircraft, or any vehicle other than a private, non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space excepot a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed. No Owner of a Homesite shall repair or restore any motor vehicle, boat trailer, aircraft, or other vehicle on any portion of any Homesite, or on dedicated or reserved areas, except for emergency repairs, and then only to the extent necessary to enable movement thereof to a proper repair facility."

In addition to the above stated rule, this subject if further clarified by each District under the External Deed Restriction Standards for your District. Within this document conversion vans with hook-ups for electric and water on rear or side are consideredc recreational vehicles. Furthermore, this same document clarifies the term Parking to state that Campers, Winnebago's and other RV's are allowed on the driveway for not to exceed 72 hours (3 days) provided they are not plugged in or inhabited thus accommodating the packing and unpacking process. Fines for violating this rule are set at $150 plus $50 per day of continued violation.

Although the above information specifically addresses my specific District, I think you will find that many of the Districts have very similar restrictions. FYI The Villages operates and maintains at least two designated areas where you can rent a space to store RV's and other motor vehicles plus there are several non-Villages businesses that offer the same service. You might want to check these out.
That pretty much says it all, thanks for the information. These Class B's are not cheap, they start around $80,000 and go up to $200,000 so you don't want to be shelling out that kind of money and then find out you can't use it as a daily driver or park it at home.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:25 AM

We had a 23 foot motor home and 3 days is the rule in the Villages.
I would see. Bigger ones parked for longer but we lived on Chula Vista and got told to move it.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:43 AM

I would not do that to my neighbors. Many of us moved here because of the rules and enjoy clean beautiful neighborhoods without the clutter of work truck and vans parked all over. If I was into camping or boating, I would have moved somewhere else with less rules rather than try to finagle or bend the rules for my purpose. But that’s just me. Best of luck.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:22 PM
Default van....

we had a class b rv.. we were told it could not stay permanently in the drive-way..
the villages does have a place that you can store the van..
however the place on cr 301 has great storage and also covered storage...
Old 05-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
We are considering purchasing a van/camper, and are wondering what the regulations are regarding parking in one's driveway. It looks like a regular van, but its a couple inches too long to fit in our garage. thanks...
Here is a recent thread with 69 posts...……...your answer must be there.
Or just maybe you could call.

On street parking
Old 05-02-2020, 12:48 PM

In Florida, tags for any r/v are same as for passenger vehicle. Therefore, you will not be able to park it in your driveway if it has the features of an r/v, e.g., a visible roof a/c unit, water and sewer tanks/connections, etc. You might be able to get away with it, but if a complaint is made to community standards, you will have to move it and pay to park it off site.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:22 PM

No vehicle that you use to sleep and camp etc can be kept at your house..rent an RV spot..you can have at your house to load and unload 72 hours..don't take the chance of trying to park at your house..it's not your everyday vehicle
Closed Thread

Tags
regulations, parking, camper/van, inches, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.