Who to use for termite treatment

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2020, 07:18 PM
Default Who to use for termite treatment

It is time for our 10 year termite treatment. The former owner of our home had a contract with Massey. We have use them for the last three years to do our regular pest control. I am wondering if there are other companies out there that offer the same service at a competitive rate. The cost for the 10 year application is $399.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I am suspecting that you will not get by with a $399 payment for the 10 years. That will likely be with a requirement to pay an additional amount of $100 to 150 per year.

That being said, you can find many threads regarding this subject. I personally believe that I simply pay the $150 as an insurance policy. I have asked in the past , if anyone has had Termite problems in The Villages. Never got a positive answer on that but did get comments regarding people who had problems elsewhere.

For the $399 we got bait stations. Massey checks once per year as to whether termites have encountered them. There was no further treatment after 10 years. 4 years of bait station inspection has shown no activity.

Could probably have installed and inspected myself for far less but then "no insurance policy".

Personally , I believe Massey and others are using us as cash cows.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,445 Posts

I do my own treatments, this us a huge scam here in TV
Closed Thread

Tags
year, treatment, termite, wondering, companies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.