Can I get to Lowes on 466A with a golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Default Can I get to Lowes on 466A with a golf cart?

We are new to The Villages and thought we would be able to get to Lowes on our Golf Cart, but I don't see any way to get there without driving the golf cart on Rt 466A. Is there a back way in? Is there a way to get to Home Depot on Rolling Acres and Rt 441?

Linda
Old 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

NO to Home Depot unless your cart is Street Legal. No even if S.L. to Lowes on 466A. You can get to LOWES on 441 though through the "secret path" (that's no longer secret).
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:18 PM

Thank you! Where is the "Secret Path"?
Old 10-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstevenson1470 View Post
If I told you I'd have to kill you.

Actually I haven't taken it in 2 years so I couldn't begin to explain. You cross the bridge to the historic section ... that's all I remember! I am sure Orangeblossombaby or Nucky can give you directions and maybe the secret password as well. It also gets you to Walmart and Aldi as a bonus. Make sure you bring your Sunpass.

If you live near 466A or further south just take your car to Lowes on 466A because it's a long ride from there.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
You can get to Lowes on 441 legally and there is no secret path!
Old 10-16-2020, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

Actually I haven't taken it in 2 years so I couldn't begin to explain. You cross the bridge to the historic section ... that's all I remember! I am sure Orangeblossombaby or Nucky can give you directions and maybe the secret password as well. It also gets you to Walmart and Aldi as a bonus. Make sure you bring your Sunpass.

If you live near 466A or further south just take your car to Lowes on 466A because it's a long ride from there.
Actually make sure you bring your GATE PASS. You need it to go thru the Paradise gate each way.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Actually make sure you bring your GATE PASS. You need it to go thru the Paradise gate each way.
Yea, what he said plus your Sunpass as well as your passport and 2 other forms of I.D.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

Come over the Historic Bridge stay left at the bottomof the ramp. Left at first Glide Sign, I mean STOP Sign onto Paradise you will see an Archery Range on your left but go straight. After stopping at the next stop sign proceed straight on Paradise to the next Stop Sign which is Boone and if you look to the left you'll see a guard shack, don't turn, go straight for about 8 or 9 homes and on your left, you'll see a path. Make a left onto that path and make sure you bring your gate card, the same one you use in your car to get through the gate. Once you navigate the gate carefully stay right at least a half of a mile where you make a right just past Wawa and then the first and only left and Bingo you will finally see Lowes. You can even get to Walmart by finding the Double Secret Ultrasviolet Cart Path that was closed by Duke Energy a few years back. WAIT, that's not true! it's still open because the Historical Society of Lady Lake jump in and cried on the correct shoulder and kept it open. There are No Tolls and No Bear Sanctuaries.

You should have seen the discussions on that Cart Path. It was a PIP. Happy Safe Motoring. I hope you have a Gas Golf Cart or you'll never make it. Or you may make it but will have to take a Uber Home.

If you need more help or I wasn't clear I'll help you before you get moving on Pee Wee's Great Adventure.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
On the Hottest Day in The History Of The Villages, I got all the way to the gate, and guess what? No Gate Pass. I went home and when I got there like an Oven Stuffer Roaster from Frank Purdue my belly button popped and I stayed home until the next day and hid a Gate Pass Key Thing on my cart so well sometimes I forget where it is. There was way to much traffic to try the trip twice in one day because at that time we had a life and it would have thrown off the Second Pool visit and my Polopony was waiting for us at the Polo Field and then the third Pool visit with a nice meal afterward would have all been Cattywhompus. Also, the traffic from the Towering Apartment Buildings from Lowes all the way back to Spanish Springs made the traffic unbearable. There were about 20 extra carts on the roads. Don't know how we survived it.

Excuse my longer than usual post but we just got some great news from our old home that a dear friend got out of the hospital a few hours ago and I'm beside myself with happiness and being grateful. Seriously, it's a good day. Still a lot on our plate but a day at a time we shall survive.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
On the Hottest Day in The History Of The Villages, I got all the way to the gate, and guess what? No Gate Pass. I went home and when I got there like an Oven Stuffer Roaster from Frank Purdue my belly button popped and I stayed home until the next day and hid a Gate Pass Key Thing on my cart so well sometimes I forget where it is. There was way to much traffic to try the trip twice in one day because at that time we had a life and it would have thrown off the Second Pool visit and my Polopony was waiting for us at the Polo Field and then the third Pool visit with a nice meal afterward would have all been Cattywhompus. Also, the traffic from the Towering Apartment Buildings from Lowes all the way back to Spanish Springs made the traffic unbearable. There were about 20 extra carts on the roads. Don't know how we survived it.

Excuse my longer than usual post but we just got some great news from our old home that a dear friend got out of the hospital a few hours ago and I'm beside myself with happiness and being grateful. Seriously, it's a good day. Still a lot on our plate but a day at a time we shall survive.
I thought all golf carts were air conditioned? No? Good news about your friend.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:58 PM
Platinum member

no, ye, maybe if you know the double secret code and handshake.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Is that the old secret path or the original one?
Old 10-16-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
If you haven't yet figured out how to get to Lowes on 441, suggest you look at Google Maps Satellite view. When you go over the golf cart bridge in Spanish Springs, continue on Paradise Drive. A little past Boon Ct. is a path that leads to the doctors offices (you can see the path of Google Maps). If you continue on the road between the doctors offices, you will come to a trail that takes you to Lowe's, Cracker Barrel, Beall's, and a lot of other stores. But like everyone has said, you need your car's gate pass to get back into the path to get back onto Paradise Drive.

That is unless you know someone from Stonecrest who has already figured a way to break into The Villages with their golf cart --
Old 10-16-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Is that the old secret path or the original one?
OK, The Secret Path is in the back of Aldi's parking lot. The one on 441 That's the best I can do. If you find it you get to Walmart. LOL Good Luck.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
OK, The Secret Path is in the back of Aldi's parking lot. The one on 441 That's the best I can do. If you find it you get to Walmart. LOL Good Luck.
I think that is the old secret path.

The new one connects to the secret tunnel and is a short cut.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, 466a, lowes, driving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.