Can I get to Lowes on 466A with a golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2020, 07:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstevenson1470 View Post
We are new to The Villages and thought we would be able to get to Lowes on our Golf Cart, but I don't see any way to get there without driving the golf cart on Rt 466A. Is there a back way in? Is there a way to get to Home Depot on Rolling Acres and Rt 441?

Linda
Linda,
You have gotten your answer. But here is an idea, if access to Lowes or similar business almost in TV is important to you, consider an electric bike and trailer.

From north of 44 Pinellas PL cross 466a at the light to the sidewalk into Lowes and Aldi.

Similar for south of 44 and north of the turnpike. South of the turnpike, cross the turnpike on the auto bridge and access the path at Bradford, legal but perhaps not a great idea.

eBikes are available in throttle only mode, always with the peddle assist mode.. Some don't like that. It simply does not matter as these are classified as bikes in Florida and by law can go anywhere a peddle bike can.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
If I told you I'd have to kill you.

Actually I haven't taken it in 2 years so I couldn't begin to explain. You cross the bridge to the historic section ... that's all I remember! I am sure Orangeblossombaby or Nucky can give you directions and maybe the secret password as well. It also gets you to Walmart and Aldi as a bonus. Make sure you bring your Sunpass.

If you live near 466A or further south just take your car to Lowes on 466A because it's a long ride from there.
Go over the golf cart bridge into the historic area. at the base of the bridge go left past the dog park and archery range onto Paradise road. Go straight at the stop sign (orange blossom gate), then continue past the Paradise Rec center to the intersection of Paradise and Boone (boone gate). Go straight. The road will curve slightly and count perhaps 4 houses on the left past the intersection. there is a path between two houses to the left. take the left to a gate (gate pass required, no red button). this leads to Medical centers, WaWa (cheaper non ethanol gas) , Lowes, Cracker Barrel, Aldi, and ultimately Walmart.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgodin View Post
Go over the golf cart bridge into the historic area. at the base of the bridge go left past the dog park and archery range onto Paradise road. Go straight at the stop sign (orange blossom gate), then continue past the Paradise Rec center to the intersection of Paradise and Boone (boone gate). Go straight. The road will curve slightly and count perhaps 4 houses on the left past the intersection. there is a path between two houses to the left. take the left to a gate (gate pass required, no red button). this leads to Medical centers, WaWa (cheaper non ethanol gas) , Lowes, Cracker Barrel, Aldi, and ultimately Walmart.
Close enough...... but it's the Wales gate at the STOP sign not the orange blossom gate.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Close enough...... but it's the Wales gate at the STOP sign not the orange blossom gate.
It's also the Orange Blossom gate (though it's not called that), because the sign out front on 441 says Village of Orange Blossom.

The one at the Boone gate says Village of Country Club Hills.

And the one down on Shay would be known as the Silver Lake gate, to anyone who doesn't know it's the Shay gate.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's also the Orange Blossom gate (though it's not called that), because the sign out front on 441 says Village of Orange Blossom.

The one at the Boone gate says Village of Country Club Hills.

And the one down on Shay would be known as the Silver Lake gate, to anyone who doesn't know it's the Shay gate.
It's also not called the "Brandenburg Gate". Want to give us an expert's list of what things aren't called ?
Old 10-16-2020, 08:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstevenson1470 View Post
We are new to The Villages and thought we would be able to get to Lowes on our Golf Cart, but I don't see any way to get there without driving the golf cart on Rt 466A. Is there a back way in? Is there a way to get to Home Depot on Rolling Acres and Rt 441?

Linda
I was going to comment on getting to Lowe's from 466a. But there's not a Home Depot within 5 miles of 466A.
You can't get to Lowe's if you're going to the Lowe's on 466a.
I'm guessing you're trying to get somewhere way north of 466a. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:19 AM
TOTV Moderator

The question has been answered. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, 466a, lowes, driving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.