Can I install eavestrough myself without ARC approval?

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2022, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
No approval required for gutters, but the ARC has been known to turn down applications for evestroughs.
That’s because they thought it was a wild life watering trough filled by rain water. Not. Supposed to encourage the cayotes

Ok, had to do it. Agree with all serious answers. Thanks for providing an alternative name for “rain gutter”. Sounds much more sophisticated

Last edited by Sandy and Ed; 08-16-2022 at 07:05 AM. Reason: /
Old 08-16-2022, 08:45 AM

I just called ARC about our home in Deluna. We do not need their approval for gutters, front storm/screen door or retractable awnings over the garage door.
Old 08-16-2022, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckboat234 View Post
I just called ARC about our home in Deluna. We do not need their approval for gutters, front storm/screen door or retractable awnings over the garage door.
Even the pink ones with purple polka dots?
Old 08-16-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I've installed it before and I know I could get what I need done by myself an a couple of hours. Can I just do it, or do I need a permit of some sort?
Why are you asking here ? Why not just give them a call!
Old 08-16-2022, 09:23 AM

D.I.Y. Without a permit!
That said, stipes guttering is reasonably priced.
Any mishap on a ladder by you doing it is worth thousands of dollars.
I have used Stipes on two houses and am a retired firefighter.
Best of luck!
Old 08-16-2022, 10:36 AM
Default .

Go to Community Standards in Lake Sumter. Get your answer from the horses mouth. They are located in Lake Sumter. Go to the passage way by Starbucks, you will see an entrance, go upstairs to where they are located. I myself had a question about can I or can't I and they were helpful and extremely polite and friendly. They gave me an answer I didn't want to hear but it was the correct answer.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
WOW ... never heard of that term (eavestrough) and I have installed and had installed many "gutters" over my years of home ownership. See, one can actually learn something here on TOTV.. Thanks Google! At first glance I thought it was some animal feeding thing.
Thank you, had no idea what he was talking about or installing. Now that you said they are gutters I understand.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
They gutters and downspouts have to be the same color and size as the ones you currently have up the downspouts have to empty in an area that will not flood your neighbor's yard and is conducive to the drainage that the villages has put in place already. It's a quick easy approval
Not true, our lanai and bird cage are dark bronze, oversized gutters match. Our house has white, both done when house was built.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:39 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jercoppola View Post
Go to Community Standards in Lake Sumter. Get your answer from the horses mouth. They are located in Lake Sumter. Go to the passage way by Starbucks, you will see an entrance, go upstairs to where they are located. I myself had a question about can I or can't I and they were helpful and extremely polite and friendly. They gave me an answer I didn't want to hear but it was the correct answer.
YESSS, better to be safe than sorry...
Old 08-16-2022, 07:49 PM
Platinum member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
They gutters and downspouts have to be the same color and size as the ones you currently have up the downspouts have to empty in an area that will not flood your neighbor's yard and is conducive to the drainage that the villages has put in place already. It's a quick easy approval
I live in a CYV and my neighbors drains flood my yard. I will probably have to have a French drain installed eventually...
Old 08-16-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I've installed it before and I know I could get what I need done by myself an a couple of hours. Can I just do it, or do I need a permit of some sort?
I don’t understand why people hesitate to call ARC. They don’t bite, are easy to talk to. You can ask about County permit requirements, if any. They really are there to keep people from making bad decisions that will adversely affect your home or your neighbors home. Call them and get the FACTS not opinions.
Closed Thread

Tags
hours, couple, permit, installed, approval

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.