Can / Will Local Law Enforcement Officers Arrest Us

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I have read the Gov's advisory - can you provide a copy of or a citation for that changing to a Gov's order? Thanks.
Did you think I made it up? It was all over the news and TOTV yesterday.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I get the panic, but to tell people they will live if They never leave their house, for 30 days, is not a guarantee..

In the next 30 days, you could slip and fall in the shower, brain bleed, have a massive Coronary, fall fracture your hip and can’t call any one, have a stroke, or a dissecting AAA. Or just go peacefully in your sleep.
If it’s your time, you do not get a vote.

Obits are in the paper everyday, so far none in TV list virus. They even come in conveniently in alphabetical order
Yes of course you could be the victim of any of those tragedies. But, this virus is a known killer. Why fight international methods of suppression? Would you walk in front of a speeding train?

Last edited by DianeM; 04-02-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Here is the order.
Thanx so much!!!!!

Old 04-02-2020, 10:11 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Did you think I made it up? It was all over the news and TOTV yesterday.
Well I wanted to read it and you did not provide a cite for it - nor did the news or TOTV! And as far as what you make up or don't make up - there are a lot of your posts that I don't care for what you have to say. This one I did and I asked for your assistance - which you failed to provide. I appreciate the assistance Champion6 provided! I can now discuss it with others from a factual basis!

Old 04-02-2020, 10:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Sorry, I misread your comment but will leave the other info anyway.

It probably goes under a "general" law of some sort but here is how one local TV station explained it:

RELATED: What Florida's 'stay at home' order means for residents
"Law enforcement will try to ask each person what they're doing there and if it's going to shopping or somewhere, they will work with that person to try to make sure they comply with the order without first arresting them or charging them," he said.
Aronberg said the orders are enforceable by 60 days in the county jail, because it's a second-degree misdemeanor.
"Yes, we have the power to make an arrest and to charge people with a crime for violating it, but we'd rather not get to there," he said. "We'd rather people voluntarily comply with it and that way it's neighbor watching over neighbor and making sure this is the safest our community can be."

How will Florida'''s '''stay at home''' order be enforced?
Wowza! Thanx EdFNJ!

Old 04-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Fear. This has created so much fear.
Closed Thread

Tags
violation, stay-at-home, county, and/or, state

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.