Canadian online pharmacy

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Have used The Pharmstore for about 5 years. I have two high priced drugs and use them to keep me out of the donut hole.

The drugs are exactly what I would be getting at a local pharmacy. Link below.

Discount Prescription Drugs Online | Pharmstore.com
My husband and I have been using Pharmstore for over two years and so far so good.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGeorge View Post
Canadian pharmacies are legally restricted to filling only prescriptions from licensed Canadian doctors. I would be very concerned that the website was a scam and you may not get what you ordered and need.
The 5 years that I have used the Pharmstore out of Canada every year I have to send them a written prescription from my local Villages doctor for the two drugs that I get from them. Before I started using the Pharmstore I asked my local doctor if there is any reason why I should not use the Pharmstore, His reply was that he could not think of any reason not to use them.

I would suggest that you ask you health provider if you are worried about using Canadian drugs.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:19 PM

Canadian drugs were safe, but they aren’t anymore. Imports of drugs into Canada from Brazil, Bangladesh, China, South Africa, and even Saudi Arabia and Iran have all increased dramatically in the past year. Health Canada admits it does not inspect drugs entering the country, and the FDA says it lacks the manpower to ensure the safety of drugs that cross the border from Canada to the U.S. Consequently, Canadian drugs are no longer as safe as drugs manufactured and purchased in the U.S.

It bears emphasizing that drugs imported from Canada may have been safe in the recent past, but are becoming less safe with every passing day. A Web site that claims to be located in Canada may not be, and the drugs it is selling may look like the real thing, but even experts are often unable to distinguish a safe and effective pill from a counterfeit pill or a substitute, contaminated, or expired pill. Even legitimate Canadian pharmacies increasingly rely on imports from other countries. Imports from Bangladesh were up 1,336 percent between 2002 and 2003; from China, 439 percent; South Africa, 389 percent; and Saudi Arabia, 90 percent. These are not countries known for the quality of their pharmaceutical industries.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Apparently some Canadian pharmacies are more trustworthy than others.

Buyer beware
Old 06-24-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I use this firm because my cardiologist in the Villages recommended them to obtain Eliquis or what they call Apixaban.
Discount Prescription Drugs Online | Pharmstore.com
Who is your cardiologist in The Villages? We’re looking for one.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:02 AM

Just remember to add 'aye' at the end of the regular drug name when you buy from a Canadian pharmacy, aye.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:26 AM
Default Canada RX

I have been ordering 3rd tier drugs from Canada Prescriptions Plus for years with no problems - may take a while to get but if you do it timely & order generic, you can save lots of $. There is no generic drugs in the US at this time. But they are the same. And yes they can come from India, England, New Zealand & Canada. U just have to ask when you call. Or go on line.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areinhartz View Post
I have been ordering 3rd tier drugs from Canada Prescriptions Plus for years with no problems - may take a while to get but if you do it timely & order generic, you can save lots of $. There is no generic drugs in the US at this time. But they are the same. And yes they can come from India, England, New Zealand & Canada. U just have to ask when you call. Or go on line.
How do you know you are getting the exact formulation as available here?
Old 06-25-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
There are many shady ones. Pick one that is certified. I have excellent experience with two for several years:
Northwest Pharnacy, and
"Canada Pharmacy" (not Canadian Pharmacy or others that sound like that.)
I agree, Canada pharmacy. CIPA certified.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGeorge View Post
Canadian pharmacies are legally restricted to filling only prescriptions from licensed Canadian doctors. I would be very concerned that the website was a scam and you may not get what you ordered and need.
This is only partially true. To go into a pharmacy IN Canada, one must have a prescription written by a Canadian physician. When we are in Canada, we bring our prescriptions written by our local physicians here, and we have a Canadian doctor who simply writes the identical prescriptions which we fill in Canada.

When we are not visiting Canada, for years we order our brand name drugs from Canadian MAIL ORDER pharmacies (NOT a local Canadian pharmacy). We have given these instructions to several of our doctors here.

Go online to Drug Price Comparisons & Online Pharmacy Safety | PharmacyChecker.com. Enter the name of any brand name drug you use (excluding controlled substances, which they are not permitted to fill), and look at the list of member MAIL ORDER pharmacies offering that particular drug and their price(s). Their websites will also tell you where the drug is manufactured; some are Canada, though most are overseas. Other than Canada, most often the drugs we use are manufactured in India, Turkey, and Australia and most often shipped through Mauritius. Of course, if one needs a medication immediately, for example, an antibiotic, buying this way is not practical.

Some pharmacies sell meds manufactured in different places—and clearly say so—at times with varying prices. Some sell both brand name and generic versions of the same medication and again clearly say so. Most but not all charge for shipping (though generally an order of more than one prescription will have only one shipping charge). Some offer first-time buyers a bonus; others offer a bonus if you refer someone else who buys. Most will price-match each other. Most are members of CIPA (Canadian International Pharmacy Association). They are businesses like any other business. I myself am a dual citizen (US-Canada) and so am familiar with the locations of some of these pharmacies.

If you tend to be doubtful about the value of purchasing prescription medications this way, at least take a look at the Drug Price Comparisons & Online Pharmacy Safety | PharmacyChecker.com website, enter a high-priced drug you use, and see where it takes you. It's also interesting to read the information provided on their websites about Canadian mail order pharmacies and how they operate. We've been doing this for years and have never had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
How do you know you are getting the exact formulation as available here?
And how do YOU know you are getting an exact formulation here? And how do YOU know where the medication you pick up at a local pharmacy was manufactured? Think about it....
Old 06-26-2022, 07:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
This is only partially true. To go into a pharmacy IN Canada, one must have a prescription written by a Canadian physician. When we are in Canada, we bring our prescriptions written by our local physicians here, and we have a Canadian doctor who simply writes the identical prescriptions which we fill in Canada.

When we are not visiting Canada, for years we order our brand name drugs from Canadian MAIL ORDER pharmacies (NOT a local Canadian pharmacy). We have given these instructions to several of our doctors here.

Go online to Drug Price Comparisons & Online Pharmacy Safety | PharmacyChecker.com. Enter the name of any brand name drug you use (excluding controlled substances, which they are not permitted to fill), and look at the list of member MAIL ORDER pharmacies offering that particular drug and their price(s). Their websites will also tell you where the drug is manufactured; some are Canada, though most are overseas. Other than Canada, most often the drugs we use are manufactured in India, Turkey, and Australia and most often shipped through Mauritius. Of course, if one needs a medication immediately, for example, an antibiotic, buying this way is not practical.

Some pharmacies sell meds manufactured in different places—and clearly say so—at times with varying prices. Some sell both brand name and generic versions of the same medication and again clearly say so. Most but not all charge for shipping (though generally an order of more than one prescription will have only one shipping charge). Some offer first-time buyers a bonus; others offer a bonus if you refer someone else who buys. Most will price-match each other. Most are members of CIPA (Canadian International Pharmacy Association). They are businesses like any other business. I myself am a dual citizen (US-Canada) and so am familiar with the locations of some of these pharmacies.

If you tend to be doubtful about the value of purchasing prescription medications this way, at least take a look at the Drug Price Comparisons & Online Pharmacy Safety | PharmacyChecker.com website, enter a high-priced drug you use, and see where it takes you. It's also interesting to read the information provided on their websites about Canadian mail order pharmacies and how they operate. We've been doing this for years and have never had a problem.

And how do YOU know you are getting an exact formulation here? And how do YOU know where the medication you pick up at a local pharmacy was manufactured? Think about it....
Very true but here we at least in theory have the FDA looking out for us. We buy our maintenance drugs thru a huge mail order pharmacy and hope they also make sure we are getting drugs made properly. They do have their reputation on the line.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Very true but here we at least in theory have the FDA looking out for us. We buy our maintenance drugs thru a huge mail order pharmacy and hope they also make sure we are getting drugs made properly. They do have their reputation on the line.
But then didn’t you say your wife bought some of her prescription drugs in Mexico?! I’d feel more comfortable with Canada versus Mexico but that’s just me.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Who is your cardiologist in The Villages? We’re looking for one.
I have been using Dr. Tampira with Village Heart and Vein Center both before and after having a mitral valve heart repair two years ago. Still play pickleball almost every day.

their office - 352 674-2080
Old 06-27-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
FDA inspects manufacturers or processors of FDA-regulated products to verify that they comply with relevant regulations. Those inspected include - vaccine and drug manufacturers

FDA also inspects - foreign manufacturing and processing sites for FDA-regulated products that are sold in the United States

What does FDA inspect? | FDA

Canada does not inspect overseas manufacturing, and they admit that they do not.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:33 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Been awhile but do remember that a Canadian friend told us to stay away from these online pharmacies for that reason. My wife has purchased prescription pills in Cozumel where we stopped for a cruise and so far she has survived it.
A few years ago I went for a while to a doctor who was from Canada. He told me to stay away from them as I would not always receive what they claimed to send. I have followed his advice.

From time to time over many years I have bought antibiotics and a few other medications in Mexico and never had a problem. I actually bought them in person and inspected the boxes they came in making sure they came from major drug companies. I also opened the boxes and made certain the pills were properly factory sealed.

I contracted giardia (the unofficial state parasite of New Mexico - it is commonly found in municipal water systems there) several times while living in northern New Mexico in the 1970s and 1980s. A local MD who specialized in such ailments recommended tinidazole, invented in 1972, chemically similar to Flagyl, which was at the time not yet available in the USA (It did not become available in the US until 2004). I had to buy it in another country and Mexico was the closest. The drug was gentler on my system than Flagyl had been and worked faster and better.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-27-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
pharmacy, canadian, online, lot, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.