Canary Home Security system

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Canary Home Security system

Has anyone tried or looked into the Canary Home Security system. It looks very simply to set up, relatively inexpensive, wi-fi, night vision camera, motion detectors, compitable with IOS and/or Android smart phone. It is NOT a complete home security set up, and may not have all the bells and whistles but certainly could be bettter than none at all. Verizon is pushing this system or you can buy it at Best Buy and/or Amazon

Canary - Wireless security system for apartments and homes
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Has anyone tried or looked into the Canary Home Security system. It looks very simply to set up, relatively inexpensive, wi-fi, night vision camera, motion detectors, compitable with IOS and/or Android smart phone. It is NOT a complete home security set up, and may not have all the bells and whistles but certainly could be bettter than none at all. Verizon is pushing this system or you can buy it at Best Buy and/or Amazon

Canary - Wireless security system for apartments and homes
After a quick review, it would appear that this system is designed for use when you are away from the residence. If you are at home, asleep, this system would not warn you until the intruder is already in the house.

A more traditional system warns you upon the initial attempt at entry.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:47 AM

You may want to check out another option called simply safe at simplysafe.com. I do not have a system here but had ADT at my last home. Several people I know have the simply safe system and I have looked at it and it is much better than the ADT system I had that cost me a ton of $$ with monitoring.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgg7933 View Post
You may want to check out another option called simply safe at simplysafe.com. I do not have a system here but had ADT at my last home. Several people I know have the simply safe system and I have looked at it and it is much better than the ADT system I had that cost me a ton of $$ with monitoring.
I have SimpliSafe as do some of my friends. Easy to install and use. I highly recommend it.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Veteran member

simply safe.fast install,easy to use,great value
Old 07-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I have SimpliSafe as do some of my friends. Easy to install and use. I highly recommend it.
As mentioned Simply Safe is great and if You add Arlo by Netgear you now have a complete security sys with video that can be viewed on your smart phone!
Easy to install and set up too!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.