Cane Garden Golf Course Flyover

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2018, 07:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default Cane Garden Golf Course Flyover

The December course closures have given me the opportunity to do some flyovers of the Championship courses. This one is of Cane Garden that was closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of last week.

Cane Garden

According to the head greens keeper I spoke to on Tuesday after flying over the Jacaranda, they are putting down a top coat of sand on the greens to smooth out the greens and fill the voids (aka ball marks), it also helps protect the greens during the cooler winter months. It's a bit of a pain for the first week or so but after that it's hardly noticeable. The deluge of rain we've had the last few days should help make the sand work its way down a lot more quickly.

I know that a lot of people aren't as interested in the golf course flyovers as they are in the construction areas. More construction videos are coming (I shot footage yesterday), until then enjoy some of what makes The Villages as beautiful as it is.

For those who are interested in drones or that may receive one as a new "retirement tool" for Christmas, the Drone Flyers Club here in The Villages will be having an event at the Soaring Eagle ball-fields on December 29th from 9 AM to Noon to provide flight training, safety information, and a practice area for new flyers. More information is being posted on the club website and is included in the flyer below.

Executive Courses
1. Mangrove - Sweetgum - Palmetto
2. Turtle Mound and Sandhill
3. Truman and Roosevelt
4. Yankee Clipper and Southern Star
5. Belmont and Okeechobee
6. Longleaf and Loblolly
7. Saddlebrook and Hawkes Bay
8. Okeechobee and Escambia
9. Volusia and Sarasota
10. Amberwood and Oakleigh
11. The Triple Crown – Churchill Pimlico Belmont
12. Chula Vista and Mira Mesa

Championship Courses
1. Tierra Del Sol
2. Nancy Lopez Legacy
3. Cane Garden
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Handbill.pdf (501.8 KB, 93 views)
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 12-17-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Thank you. Great!
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, cane, garden, courses, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.