Car buying advice

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2021, 06:14 AM

The bottom line is the price of the car out the door. Some of todays lease deals are really good if your looking to keep your payments low. To obtain a monthly payment equal to a lease payment you have to put down a great deal of money. Cars with greater resale value have lower lease payments or require less money down. Its all about what the car will be worth at the end of your lease deal.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:43 PM

I, too, had a similar experience with the "J" dealer! Not only did these dealers add a second sticker to the window with options they added or will add that are unnecessary and overpriced. We ended up buying the Accent that we leased for 3 years. We had to pay a "$700 dealer fee" when we originally leased it - AND again when we purchased it 39 months later. I made a big stink but they nearly threw me out of the dealership when I objected ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
I know two senior villages that were grossly taken advantage of at a local chain of car dealers. I won't mention names as this also may apply to other dealers. It does begin with a "J". In both instances the dealers sold them a new car for several thousand dollars above the MSRP or Government Monroney Label. These dealers add a second sticker to the window with options they added or will add that are unnecessary and overpriced. When you go to a dealer do your homework. Get and estimate of your trade in value at Kelley Blue Book | New and Used Car Price Values, Expert Car Reviews, Carvana.com or a Carmax. Only negotiate from the Manufacturer Label. If the dealer won't, find one that will. When shopping for a used car check Kelley Blue Book | New and Used Car Price Values, Expert Car Reviews, Autotrader.com or Car Gurus.com
Old 01-26-2021, 04:04 PM

I, too, had a similar experience with the "J" dealer! Not only did these dealers add a second sticker to the window with options they added or will add that are unnecessary and overpriced. We ended up buying the Accent that we leased for 3 years. We had to pay a "$700 dealer fee" when we originally leased it - AND again when we purchased it 39 months later. I made a big stink but they nearly threw me out of the dealership when I objected ...
Quote:
I know two senior villages that were grossly taken advantage of at a local chain of car dealers. I won't mention names as this also may apply to other dealers. It does begin with a "J". In both instances the dealers sold them a new car for several thousand dollars above the MSRP or Government Monroney Label. These dealers add a second sticker to the window with options they added or will add that are unnecessary and overpriced. When you go to a dealer do your homework. Get and estimate of your trade in value at Kelley Blue Book | New and Used Car Price Values, Expert Car Reviews, Carvana.com or a Carmax. Only negotiate from the Manufacturer Label. If the dealer won't, find one that will. When shopping for a used car check Kelley Blue Book | New and Used Car Price Values, Expert Car Reviews, Autotrader.com or Car Gurus.com
Old 01-26-2021, 04:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
they nearly threw me out of the dealership when I objected
Don't feel bad. We have been thrown out of several car dealers when they would not accept our OTD offer for one of their new cars..
Old 01-26-2021, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear5325! View Post
Hyundia of Central Florids upfront price no add on stuff no dealer fees
On Hwy 50 worth the drive bought my car last December 2019
In Clermount
Great service after the sale
"No hassle" "up front" pricing is the best thing that happens for a dealer. It 100% means you are paying too much. "NO HASSLE" for them. Besides, they will still "hassle" if you want. "Up front pricing" is a dealers dream and great for advertising. You really think they are in business to do YOU a favor. They just want you to THINK they are.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
"No hassle" "up front" pricing is the best thing that happens for a dealer. It 100% means you are paying too much. "NO HASSLE" for them. Besides, they will still "hassle" if you want. "Up front pricing" is a dealers dream and great for advertising. You really think they are in business to do YOU a favor. They just want you to THINK they are.
I agree. If you think upfront pricing is real, I have a bridge to sell you. Just another gimmick.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Just knock off 25 percent, and if they don’t like it, walk. Lots of car fish in the automotive sea. Nobody pays sticker price for a car.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Before you go car shopping you best do your homework first. Research to know what your trade value is by using Edmunds, NADA vehicle value or Kelly Blue Book. Know what new vehicles you may be interested in purchasing then look up what dealer cost is on those vehicles based on what model level you want to buy.
Going car shopping unprepared is just asking for yourself to be taken advantage of.
Do not shop at dealers that have any type of added &profit on the vehicle window sticker.
Jenkins Dealers are notorious for this practice.
Look over the dealers internet site for the vehicle you may want. I have found that dealing only with the internet manager at a dealer will get you your best pricing and this all starts with a phone call.
This process will save you time, money and brain damage.
Some dealers tell you anything online or over the phone, but when you get there all sudden that car was sold. I immediately walk out.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

We want to buy a new one and went to a Toyota dealer to figure out exactly what we wanted and than start the game of best out the door price.

Told him what we wanted to do and after a test drive sales rep showed me a piece of paper that was much higher than I would have thought even with the super duper sales event going on now and only good for a few days.

Told him so and suddenly sales manager gets into the act and my new good buddy takes off $ 5000 and asks if he can get an order now.

Kind of fun to play the game but they are out to make money and one must know that no matter how hard they try they are not your friend.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, dealers, add, www.kbb.com, label

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.