car crashes

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Sage

Had a real close call today--I would not have been injured but the golf cart occupants would have been in a world of hurt-was going thru the St James gate on St charles; swiped my card on the visitor side- as I was going fwd a golf cart blew across from the golf course side , ignoring the center stop sign & passed directly in front of me

It was a grand mother with a toddler in the front seat--very, very close-the toddler was dead center of my car & not strapped in
Old 03-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
19a and Belcher are great by-passes
And very scenic. Did see a few really bad crashes on these too but not that often.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
In November I brought my parents down to TV in the hopes of convincing them to move from the harsh Northeast winters to our lovely community. They were in the car with me on our first day here and I was making a left turn into the parking area near the Barnes and Nobles bookstore at Lake Sumter Landing. I signaled and noticed an elderly lady with a cane walking across the street I was ready to turn onto. I waited for her to slowly cross and a golf cart that was behind me passed me on the right and yelled "A**hole" into our open windows. My parents said, "What kind of people live here?" Nice first impression!!!
There are more of these people in the Villages than I thought. The Southern Trace Shopping Center parking lot was a mad house today. A fellow walker in that parking leaned over after a close call and told me and a woman in a very big red SUV-- "I am going to be killed in this parking lot!"
Old 03-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
And very scenic...
A19 in some stretches. But Belcher?!?
Old 03-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There are more of these people in the Villages than I thought. The Southern Trace Shopping Center parking lot was a mad house today. A fellow walker in that parking leaned over after a close call and told me and a woman in a very big red SUV-- "I am going to be killed in this parking lot!"
I was at Publix in Southern Trace just after midday and as I was leaving Publix I heard a man screaming obscenities at someone, it turned out to be woman who had just parked her golf cart. She was very frightened and just stood there waiting for him to leave.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Sage

We will not pull into any shopping areas in & around TV between 10:30 and 1:30---the level of frustration will only mount as TV population density increases
Old 03-03-2018, 04:25 PM

I often wonder what people think of, if anything, when they drive hear. Just left Publix at Colony and as I am headed toward 466a near Walgreens, a women comes drive up the wrong way headed right for me. She didn't stop or slow down..she was oblivious as to what she was doing.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Sage

Fl has been played for years, by letting drivers over 75 skate by, with very little attention to ability, eyesight is not the only criteria for driving as we age--it the age of computerization-it would be very simple to establish comprehensive testing for anyone driving--I'm 75, & @ least I don't kid myself about my abilities
Old 03-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Location Location Location!! I am in the center of the Villages Yayyyy!!

Reality: Traffic sucks, my Publix is a nightmare. Accidents and bad drivers everywhere.

Last time you heard a resident in Nancy Lopez area complain about traffic. Never.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
While on the road that passes the new neighborhood Walmart waiting on the light at 466A to continue straight to Colony shopping plaza, a service van in the left turn lane on my left decides he needs to go right on 466A. As the light turned green, he sped in front of me to make his right turn to 466A east from the left lane. It’s always interesting to watch people find creative ways to maneuver in the Villages.
That's a common occurrence in NYC and parts of North Jersey. People bring their driving habits with them, regardless of what suits the conditions.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
A19 in some stretches. But Belcher?!?
Well that is true.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I will probably get pilloried for this ---- but, I think golf cart drivers should have to pass a driving test and have a license to drive a cart. The carts are getting bigger and more powerful and many owners up the speeds until they really are small cars, no longer golf carts.

Anyone can get behind the wheel of a golf cart and be on their merry way, and I believe it is wrong. I know for a fact that you can be partially blind and still drive a golf cart. You can have dementia and be behind the wheel of a golf cart. I know someone who only has the use of one eye and drives from Indiana to winter here every year! Your physician has the power to take your license, but if you have not told him/her that you have a problem there is nothing anyone can do, and as for getting a license renewed - you can almost phone it in! How many times do you have to get a silver alert about a missing person who has taken off in their car and is found in another State. It is a problem.

So the answer is to have eyes in the back of your head at all times and expect the worst and hope for the best!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
So the answer is to have eyes in the back of your head at all times and expect the worst and hope for the best!
Another answer is to not own a golf cart.

If you drive a car, you will probably not get injured by an incompetent person driving a golf cart.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Another answer is to not own a golf cart.

If you drive a car, you will probably not get injured by an incompetent person driving a golf cart.
I asked my TV friends why they moved to TV. They had two answers: wealth of activities and golf carts.

In order to keep TV growing, the activities and golf carts will stay.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
I asked my TV friends why they moved to TV. They had two answers: wealth of activities and golf carts.

In order to keep TV growing, the activities and golf carts will stay.
That is fine with me. We love the activities and the golf carts do not bother me at all when I drive my car.

When we had that cold snap, my wife and I noticed the traffic was worse than normal. We figured it was because it was too cold for people to drive their carts so they had to use their cars.
Closed Thread

Tags
crashes, yesterday, late, rollover, plaza

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.