Car Ding

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2020, 06:25 AM
theruizs

I’ve had more dings in the 8 years we have been here than the entire time before it. Really dinged me off the first couple of times, but I guess now I’ve just accepted it as a part of the cost of living here.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:50 AM
Default Inconsiderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richsho View Post
To the person who left a ding in my new blue SUV in Publix's parking lot, Colony Plaza last week, just to let you know your irresponsible actions left $800-$1,000 in repair cost for me.Thank you very much .
Yes, the person who did this was very inconsiderate. Look on the bright side though. Now that the first ding is out of the way you don’t have to worry about it any more.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I know exactly how the owner of his " New " car feels, it happened to me years ago.

It is a NEW Car, expensive, a lot of thought , planning went into the purchase.

I tend to park where the likelihood of someone parking next to me is slim, but every now and then some clunker decides to even though the lot is practically empty.
Pretty sure anyone who has ever bought a new car or one in good condition knows the feeling. It's not unique to only select few car owners of specific cars.

But if it's a ding, it's just a ding. Not a big deal. Not even important enough to make the list of "first world problems."

My car was new when I bought it. It was a "lot car." The dealership employees used it to get lunch for the crew and similar. It only had 300 miles on it, total. After driving it off the lot I discovered it already had a ding in the back. The dealership offered free ding repair for the first 90 days. I could never get in touch with the ding guy (it was a subcontract job). The 90 days expired. I got over it by the 100th day.

Really - it's a non-issue.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:43 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I know exactly how the owner of his " New " car feels, it happened to me years ago.

It is a NEW Car, expensive, a lot of thought , planning went into the purchase.

I tend to park where the likelihood of someone parking next to me is slim, but every now and then some clunker decides to even though the lot is practically empty.
What is a clunker? Anything under $100,000? There are very few actual clunkers in the villages. The OP’s ding was likely not caused by one. And if it was just a ding, he way overpaid to fix it.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We (esp me) are VERY careful where and how we park. Been in TV for over 6 years - not one ding on our new cars. phew. But, must say, on one of the very windy days earlier this week - opened the car door as usual (no cars next to us) and the wind caught it. But luckily (as usual) I had a hand in the armrest. If I didn't and a car was next to us...BANG!

The TV folks, IMO, are no more inconsiderate with their car doors or shopping carts as anywhere in the USA.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:09 AM

Your insurance company will help with the repairs.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:02 AM
Default Life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
One can see them do it every day in the various parking lots.

They open the door then push it all the way open, and many just kick it open.

When it bangs the vehicle next to them one can hear them grumble as if it was in their way.

Another segment of inconsiderate elders....fortunately they are in the minority.....and that still is too many.
When rather large people push the door open lean on the door to get our as they get out the door slides up and scratches the the side plus a ding. My solution is park far away and get my 10000 steps in so I don’t become
One of them another solution is put rubber molding on your doors just in case
Old 05-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Who “dinged” it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
It’s not just the elderly that are inconsiderate!
Spot on.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:25 AM
Platinum member

happened to me with a brand new astro van. parked in the middle of the lot and someone in a clunker lstation wagon decided to park right next to me and unload about 5 kids and two very overweight adults. came back to a large dent on the side they parked on.oh well that van did me good for 15 years.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
I’ve had more dings in the 8 years we have been here than the entire time before it. Really dinged me off the first couple of times, but I guess now I’ve just accepted it as a part of the cost of living here.
And I would add it's part of the cost of merely THINKING about going to that Colony Publix shopping center.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:43 AM

This in not just a Villages problem. It happens everywhere.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:47 AM

I’m sure Publix has a camera in their parking lot. Perhaps you can find them that way? That’s horrible
Old 05-21-2020, 09:50 AM

I know what you are talking about. Got dinged by someone's Red Buick SUV. What the perp doesn't realize is the paint from my car is on the edge of their passenger door. I make a note to look for such cars every time I go out.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:53 AM

We dread those first dings! Whenever we got a new car, I would hardly drive it. I didn't want to be THE ONE who got the FIRST ding. Spouse would be so mad. Once that was over with, I could relax. LOL

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 AM
Default Inconsiderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richsho View Post
To the person who left a ding in my new blue SUV in Publix's parking lot, Colony Plaza last week, just to let you know your irresponsible actions left $800-$1,000 in repair cost for me.Thank you very much .
Some people are so inconsiderate. They park right up against you and throw their doors open. Jerks.
Closed Thread

Tags
ding, left, actions, irresponsible, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.