Car door damaged by golf cart.

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2020, 10:21 PM
Unhappy Car door damaged by golf cart.

This morning after playing golf at Amberwood, I drove to Atlantis car wash and got an express wash. While toweling down the car I noticed that my bottom right door/front fender was dented and scraped. Estimates to repair is $1400. Initially, I suspected the car wash. They inspected their operation and paint from another vehicle was noticed in the scrapes. The estimators thought it was from a golf cart. I really cannot be sure where it happened. Never had someone damaged my vehicle and not leave a note. By the way, what body shops do you recommend? I got quotes from Hutson's and Wayne's Paint and body. Both shops were impressive.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:32 PM
Veteran member

If you have collision coverage on the car, make a claim through your insurance carrier. Hit and run claims are not considered chargeable accidents and the claim should not affect your premiums.

Only cash outlay for you would be your deductible. Probably $500 tops.

Insurance carrier may have select shops to use that will guarantee the repairs.

That's what you pay premiums for.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

That’s why I don’t park close to anyone if possible.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:46 AM

I parked by myself at 7:30am. No other cars around. The only exposed side was the driver's side.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

just because someone can afford to live in TV doesn't necessarily mean that they have integrity. most golf cart drivers are stand up people...it's just a very few are just all about themselves

I was 'hemmed' in once by a golf cart whose driver decided they'd squeeze in between my car and another cart in Spanish Springs...when I arrived at our car the cart was so close I wasn't able to open my driver's side door to get in....had to crawl over from the passenger side

I left them a note on their steering wheel to check out the note that I etched on the front of their cart with my key
Old 07-23-2020, 11:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
If you have collision coverage on the car, make a claim through your insurance carrier. Hit and run claims are not considered chargeable accidents and the claim should not affect your premiums.

Only cash outlay for you would be your deductible. Probably $500 tops.

Insurance carrier may have select shops to use that will guarantee the repairs.

That's what you pay premiums for.
NEVER use the body shop your insurance company wants you to. Go to a shop that will use OEM parts. Otherwise you're going to end up with aftermarket or junkyard parts on your car. It's a racket that has caused lots of lawsuits.
If your car is still under warranty and they don't use OEM parts, many times your warranty will be voided.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
This morning after playing golf at Amberwood, I drove to Atlantis car wash and got an express wash. While toweling down the car I noticed that my bottom right door/front fender was dented and scraped. Estimates to repair is $1400. Initially, I suspected the car wash. They inspected their operation and paint from another vehicle was noticed in the scrapes. The estimators thought it was from a golf cart. I really cannot be sure where it happened. Never had someone damaged my vehicle and not leave a note. By the way, what body shops do you recommend? I got quotes from Hutson's and Wayne's Paint and body. Both shops were impressive.
Recommendation for Joe Hudsons....formally Car Guys.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
car, wash, golf, noticed, vehicle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.