Car on Golf Cart Trails

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 01:46 PM

Can you drive an LSV on the cart pay if it has been governed to a top speed of 19 mph?
Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
More signs will not help...............just look at how some drive in the roundabouts.
I think George was kidding, hence the much talked about smiley face at the end of his post.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrok View Post
Can you drive an LSV on the cart pay if it has been governed to a top speed of 19 mph?
Sure you can but why would you want to do that to your LSV considering that you would still have to pay for insurance and registration anyway? I also think you could drive it on the cart path without the governor.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
I can understand newbees and first time visitors getting a cart in streets where the shouldn't be, but it absolutely blows my mind how anyone in a car can mistaken a cart path for the road. Unless maybe they shouldn't be driving a car in the first place.

I know you were relieved when they cleared the curb, back onto the road. I drive defensively everywhere we go, but am even more watchful when we are in TV. Once we get moved down (in about a month), I'm thinking about keeping a camcorder in my cart! Lots of opportunities for some "first of a kind" shots!
This is a good idea to protect yourself...In the trucking industry we have started to use video in our trucks full time for video evidense...
Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM

My dumb a$$, i had pictured the car on the cart path but my girlfriend advised me that the golf cart path and golf cart lane were two different things. She's so smart.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
More signs will not help...............just look at how some drive in the roundabouts.
Maybe with some video the sheriff's office and VCDD can use them at new resident orientations and at HOA meetings, etc.

Like a previous poster said, "they were day dreaming". Although it is a retirement community, day dreaming will get you in a heap of trouble before you know it! Defensive driving and staying focused on what you are doing is absolutely a MUST, car or cart!

I know once we become permanent residents, it will be something I'll stay vigilant about, or you may see me being talked about on TOTV!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Sage

I posted this in another thread awhile ago (maybe a week or so ago). Anyway we saw a red sports car on the golf cart path (going south) just before the wood bridge by Hope Lutheran. They'd have had to cross traffic before the gates on Morse in doing this. Many carts were pulled over in the grass and the car was backing up. Mmmmmmm...."day-dreaming"!! This time they were really "off in their thoughts"! I get it that some folks drive their carts a good percentage of the time and have a lapse but this kind of event is getting to happen more and more here.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
You mean a smart car but a dumb driver?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.