Car on Golf Cart Trails

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Default Car on Golf Cart Trails

I have always heard about the close calls on golf cart trails finally saw firsthand today around 1pm going out the Belvedere gate on my way to Publix . Going right down the middle of the trail was a big car . When she came to the post in the middle of the trail slowed up ,went over the curb to get off.What a sight
Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Default That blows my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgerri View Post
I have always heard about the close calls on golf cart trails finally saw firsthand today around 1pm going out the Belvedere gate on my way to Publix . Going right down the middle of the trail was a big car . When she came to the post in the middle of the trail slowed up ,went over the curb to get off.What a sight
I can understand newbees and first time visitors getting a cart in streets where the shouldn't be, but it absolutely blows my mind how anyone in a car can mistaken a cart path for the road. Unless maybe they shouldn't be driving a car in the first place.

I know you were relieved when they cleared the curb, back onto the road. I drive defensively everywhere we go, but am even more watchful when we are in TV. Once we get moved down (in about a month), I'm thinking about keeping a camcorder in my cart! Lots of opportunities for some "first of a kind" shots!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Gold member

A couple of years ago a car entered the glof cart path on Tally at the Glenbrook gate . I happen to be in my golf cart on that path approaching the stop post so I was going particularily slow and of course I saw the car coming on the path. The driver, a gentleman, was genuinly embarrassed, apologized and said it was just an honest mistake due to the fact that he most always is in his golf cart and it was just plain habit to turn onto the path. Honest mistakes can & do happen.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Gold member

Just yesterday a car made a left onto the cart lane on Bailey Trail right before the gate at Lake Miona rec before the circle. Everyone beeped and the person realized their mistake!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

I think I understand. That could have been me six weeks ago. Sure did get into more than one place that I wasn't suppose to be with the cart and car. It wasn't pretty. I'm not laughing at her.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

All I can say is thank goodness for the signs that say "No golf carts beyond this point" I missed the turn coming back from Wal-Mart on 466 because I was daydreaming. I've seen other people do this too.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i can see a smart car on the trail but full size is
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
i can see a smart car on the trail but full size is
You mean a smart car but a dumb driver?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
All I can say is thank goodness for the signs that say "No golf carts beyond this point".
Maybe The Villages should also install a bunch of "No Cars Beyond This Point" signs as well
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
Maybe The Villages should also install a bunch of "No Cars Beyond This Point" signs as well
Good point!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 AM

I thought those stop posts were everywhere. How do cars get around them and end up on the cart path

Last edited by Penguin; 07-23-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

It's easy to do.... I've been here about 18 months and drive my cart 95% of the time. Once in a while, when I drive the car, my wife will tell me to get out of the cart lane
Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
It's easy to do.... I've been here about 18 months and drive my cart 95% of the time. Once in a while, when I drive the car, my wife will tell me to get out of the cart lane
I think we've all done that at one time or another, but I think people are talking about cars getting on to the multimodal paths. I've never seen it, but I have heard lots of stories about similar incidents.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Gold member

It happened to me a few months ago right on the cart path between the guard shack and the Lake Miona driveway. How she got there, who knows and she still didn't realize it until the cart ahead of me stopped her. She got off at the driveway to Lake Miona. Scared me when I saw her driving at us.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 07-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
More signs will not help...............just look at how some drive in the roundabouts.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.