Car storage....EXTRA service??

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Car storage....EXTRA service??

We need to store our car for a few months, but would really like to have it run a bit every couple of weeks. Does anyone know of a storage place that would offer that type of service, or an individual we could hire to do something like that?
Old 10-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casita37 View Post
We need to store our car for a few months, but would really like to have it run a bit every couple of weeks. Does anyone know of a storage place that would offer that type of service, or an individual we could hire to do something like that?
What kind of car?
Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

Your car does not need to be run. Fill tank add gas stabilizer, hook to battery maintainer.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
What kind of car?
Lexus SUV
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I agree with Rango. We've left cars sit for months--6 to 9--in storage, same method. No problem. New cars with all the computer gizmos need battery disconnected or a charger going. Old (our 2005 Dodge Magnum and 1967 Mustang) start right up because few to no electronics. My 2011 needs trickle charge for three months. If up north, don't store on dirt surface.

If you want, I will store your Lexus SUV for free and drive it every day! Hahahahahaha
Old 10-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

If you have a indoor storage facility like your own garage, that will keep your car protected from the elements. Just put a gas additive i.e. Sta-Bil in it and go for a short ride to mix it thoroughly with your fuel and get it into your fuel injector system. All the computers onboard will put a drain on your battery so a Battery Minder would be a good idea to have. Finally, make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended pressure and you will be good to go when you start driving it again.

I have been doing this procedure to my older Corvette for 12 years and with no issues.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.