Car windows smashed

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Sage
Angry Car windows smashed

I hate starting a thread like this, but IMO it needs to be shared. My wife came home this AM from some class at a recreation center, telling me that someone's rear car window was smashed by the paper delivery folks. I commented that is not possible unless Randy Johnson is now delivering news papers.

We just saw another neighbor whose side car window was smashed last night. There are now two cars we are aware of in the Murphy's Estate, Scranton Terrace, Little River area in Mallory that had windows broken last night.

I will update if I learn more. Anyone else hear of such thing lately? My car was outside last night and untouched. I guess I need to get it into the garage until some details are learned.

Last edited by ajbrown; 02-23-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spoke to police, only two cars confirmed
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I hate starting a thread like this, but IMO it needs to be shared. My wife came home this AM from some class at a recreation center, telling me that someone's rear car window was smashed by the paper delivery folks. I commented that is not possible unless Randy Johnson is now delivering news papers.

We just saw another neighbor whose side car window was smashed last night. There are now two cars we are aware of in the Murphy's Estate, Scranton Terrace, Little River area in Mallory that had windows broken last night.

I will update if I learn more. Anyone else hear of such thing lately? My car was outside last night and untouched. I guess I need to get it into the garage until some details are learned.
Boy I hate to hear these things. There was talk of some of the wicker chairs being stolen from Colony Cottage Porch...but I don't know when or if...There still looked like the usual amount.

A paper could not break a window.

It is someone who I'd like to beat the crap outa.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The line forms here .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc[/ame]
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
My wife came home this AM from some class at a recreation center, telling me that someone's rear car window was smashed by the paper delivery folks.
Since it appears that this was actually done by the "delivery folks", I hope that it was reported to the paper and that they have the integrity to made good on the damages!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Sage
Default My bad.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Since it is knowed that this was actually done by the "delivery folks", I hope that it was reported to the paper and that they have the integrity to made good on the damages!
Since I am far from a english major, I often do not convey my thoughts well in writing. I do read what I type and it makes perfect sense to me so I submit

The following would have been better wording in my original post:
My wife, on her way home from some class at a recreation center this morning saw that a neighbor's car rear window was smashed. She said it looked like it was smashed by the paper delivery folks. I commented that is not possible unless Randy Johnson is now delivering news papers.

We just spoke with another neighbor whose car side window was smashed last night. There are now two cars we are aware of in the Murphy's Estate, Scranton Terrace, Little River area in Mallory that had windows broken last night

BTW, police were next door for over an hour collecting information....
Old 02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Since I am far from a english major, I often do not convey my thoughts well in writing. I do read what I type and it makes perfect sense to me so I submit

The following would have been better wording in my original post:
My wife, on her way home from some class at a recreation center this morning saw that a neighbor's car rear window was smashed. She said it looked like it was smashed by the paper delivery folks. I commented that is not possible unless Randy Johnson is now delivering news papers.

We just spoke with another neighbor whose car side window was smashed last night. There are now two cars we are aware of in the Murphy's Estate, Scranton Terrace, Little River area in Mallory that had windows broken last night
BTW, police were next door for over an hour collecting information....
I'm no Engrish major either! Anyway, let's just hope that the culprits get caught. It could be the best thing that could happen to them as demonstrated by the following:

When I was a kid I went into a grocery store with a friend. On the way out the other kid slipped a carton of cigarettes into the bag I had my purchase in. I could have prevented him from doing it, but I went along and we then proceeded to try and exit the store. What I didn't know is that we were being watched through a mirror that was overhead.

We got caught and brought into the store office where we were left to wait and think for about 15 minutes about what we done. You can imagine my thoughts about cops being called or even worse... my dad! After a stern lecture the store owner let is go having learned a good lesson, a lesson that unfortunatly many never get.

That lesson served me well ever since that incident fifty-some odd years ago.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I'm no Engrish major either! Anyway, let's just hope that the culprits get caught. It could be the best thing that could happen to them as demonstrated by the following:

When I was a kid I went into a grocery store with a friend. On the way out the other kid slipped a carton of cigarettes into the bag I had my purchase in. I could have prevented him from doing it, but I went along and we then proceeded to try and exit the store. What I didn't know is that we were being watched through a mirror that was overhead.

We got caught and brought into the store office where we were left to wait and think for about 15 minutes about what we done. You can imagine my thoughts about cops being called or even worse... my dad! After a stern lecture the store owner let is go having learned a good lesson, a lesson that unfortunatly many never get.

That lesson served me well ever since that incident fifty-some odd years ago.
The exact same thing happen to me, only I was the one who stuck the carton of Luckys into my belt under my overcoat. What a rotten feeling when I got caught. That was THE LAST TIME!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Boy I hate to hear these things. There was talk of some of the wicker chairs being stolen from Colony Cottage Porch...but I don't know when or if...There still looked like the usual amount.

A paper could not break a window.

Remind me not to mess with a girl from Cincinnati.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down

Quote:
what does this have to do with the topic at hand, I will never understand why people do this?
Wanabee future TVer
Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
what does this have to do with the topic at hand, I will never understand why people do this?
'cause I can picture Gracie in line with a golf club and Redwitch in line with a taxpayer funded Prozac...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I had the back window (plastic) smashed in my Miata over Thanksgiving break 2009. I'm pretty sure I know who did it, but no proof. I talked to the grandparents, who refused to even talk to their grandkids about it. As I walked away, all I could think was what a shame these kids were being taught such a sorry lesson.

Sadly, if (probably) this was done by kids, the lesson they will be taught will be a bit more than a stern lecture. Smashing one window might get them kid's court, but I think smashing several will get them juvie. Not a nice place from what I've heard.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
Maybe I am wrong idea about this, but to me threads have an eb and flow like any conversation and not all posts are exacly on point. I thought my post which you did not like was a funny response to gracie's post. Sorry you did not, but I am always happy to know someone read my post ....

PS. Now we are getting close to hijacking the original thread and FYI, as the OP I say hijack away......
Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong idea about this, but to me threads have an eb and flow like any conversation and not all posts are exacly on point. I thought my post which you did not like was a funny response to gracie's post. Sorry you did not, but I am always happy to know someone read my post ....

PS. Now we are getting close to hijacking the original thread and FYI, as the OP I say hijack away......
I thought the visual was pretty funny and I can just see Gracie and her "gang" ......

Seriously, I do hope that why and how the broken windows came to be is discovered and if it was an intentional act, that the person/persons who caused the damage is/are caught and charged.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Were they driving a black pick-up truck with tinted windows and paint ball guns in the back? (yuk-yuk)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

IMHO you are not wrong. Besides you started this thread and how does one hijack their own thread! The Villages Florida

ADDED COMMENT: WOW! K-9 accidentally answered my question before I even posted it... sort of!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.