Card in the Mail from Benefits Processing Center

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Card in the Mail from Benefits Processing Center

I received a card this week from the above company giving information on whether or not we should be paying tax on our Social Security payments. Both the card and the envelope have a very official appearance. I searched this company on the internet and it appears to me to be a scam of some kind. I may be wrong, I hope I am, but if you get one of these cards offering to help with tax on SS please do your own research before giving out any of your personal information.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 03-08-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I received a card this week from the above company giving information on whether or not we should be paying tax on our Social Security payments. Both the card and the envelope have a very professional appearance. I searched this company on the internet and it appears to me to be a scam of some kind. I may be wrong, I hope I am, but if you get one of these cards offering to help with tax on SS please do your own research before giving out any of your personal information.
This is scary. Thanks for the research and heads up.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I received a card this week from the above company giving information on whether or not we should be paying tax on our Social Security payments. Both the card and the envelope have a very professional appearance. I searched this company on the internet and it appears to me to be a scam of some kind. I may be wrong, I hope I am, but if you get one of these cards offering to help with tax on SS please do your own research before giving out any of your personal information.
Madelaine. That is downright scary. I would contact Crimes against Seniors at the Sheriff's office near the corner of Morse and 466. I think they are associated with the State Attorney General.

Thank you for warning us.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Madelaine. That is downright scary. I would contact Crimes against Seniors at the Sheriff's office near the corner of Morse and 466. I think they are associated with the State Attorney General.

Thank you for warning us.
Good idea Gracie - I'll call them tomorrow.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Also AARP has a fraudwatch that gives out into to seniors and also alerts the feds.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

Has SCAM written all over it. Turn it in at post office and let them investigate!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.