carpet in the garage

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2020, 07:43 AM

They sell snap together some sort of poly or rubber flooring squares that go onto the floor. It cleans up easy after spills oil and water etc.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:07 AM

This looks like peel abd stick carpeting. We have carpet in our garage. Purchased by the ft from Lowe's. Indoor /outdoor carpeting. There are different grades. Buy the best. Love it. We come in and out of the house thru garage. Most debris is left in garage because carpet catches it. It is mildew resistant. so even when it gets wet no mold underneath. Dries quickly. Also garage floors tend to get very slippery when wet or shoes are wet. Not a problem with carpeting. We replace it about every 8 or ten yrs. Easy to install just cut it to size. No need to glue it down. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandHSTAR@AOL.com View Post
This looks like peel abd stick carpeting. We have carpet in our garage. Purchased by the ft from Lowe's. Indoor /outdoor carpeting. There are different grades. Buy the best. Love it. We come in and out of the house thru garage. Most debris is left in garage because carpet catches it. It is mildew resistant. so even when it gets wet no mold underneath. Dries quickly. Also garage floors tend to get very slippery when wet or shoes are wet. Not a problem with carpeting. We replace it about every 8 or ten yrs. Easy to install just cut it to size. No need to glue it down. Hope this helps.

Do you vacuum it??
Old 01-21-2020, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Do you vacuum it??
try google!
Old 01-21-2020, 10:59 AM

I considered using

Robot Check

as a DIY project to cover our 20 year old floor, which had previously been coated with an epoxy "like" product.

But, I found an advertisement for Black Dog Garage Floors – Black Dog Garage Floors Done Right ! in the Sun.

Called the gent and he quoted me less than I could buy the product from Amazon or direct from the manufacturer. And, he would move all our junk from the garage, including the metal shelving, install the tiles, then move the treasures back. We settled on a light gray / dark gray, checkerboard design.

And he did just that, with my assistance, as I used the event to throw out / reorganize stuff.

I am 100% satisfied., The result is handsome, and after six months appears to have no wear. I have recommended his service a number of times.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:17 AM

The VIllages reps gave me the name of that carpet - Dream Weavers Life Tile. I looked it up and it is carried by a few carpet stores in Orlando. I imagine if you call The VIllages warranty they might be able to help you.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:35 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

usually most guys who know their stuff will add final urethane top coat to protect base epoxy,,, lots of vinyl flakes are good slip-resistant surface but most won't pay addl $,,, from what we saw in jan, most garage floors aren't good for traction as original conc was 'burned' ( highly burnished w/trowel machine ), - sharks grip or not,,, suspect $ is reason as good floors cost more $,,, most epoxies i saw were water-based - NOT solvent-based - more susceptible to 'hot tire' pickup & adhesion loss,,, 1 other important note - for success, concrete MUST be diamond ground 1st to provide correct profile for adhesion,,, industrial epoxy floors ( incl polyaspartics & polyureas ) last 7yrs,,, done right, a good garage floor will last a lifetime
thinking out loud - considering avg age of tv h/o's, make that several lifetimes of successive owners ;-)
Old 03-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I've had Carpet installed in several Garages in my life. Color Coordinated to match the Two-Tone paint job on the walls. Naturally it matched the car. The car that was on the side of the Garage I carpeted never saw the rain or snow up north. It was similar to indoor outdoor carpet and did not look like a shoemaker job. I always had it installed. It was tasteful and different. The other side had some-kind of tiling with area rugs and several Televisions and the coolest workbench and tool cabinets we could find complete with every game station that was available. The kids loved it and it helped keep everybody out of trouble because it was fun for them to have their friends hang at home and it was a good place to hang out with them 8 to 9 months out of the year.

Go for the carpet, it's cool! I had Hazel the Roomba do the Vacuuming!
Old 03-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
I considered using

Robot Check

as a DIY project to cover our 20 year old floor, which had previously been coated with an epoxy "like" product.

But, I found an advertisement for Black Dog Garage Floors – Black Dog Garage Floors Done Right ! in the Sun.

Called the gent and he quoted me less than I could buy the product from Amazon or direct from the manufacturer. And, he would move all our junk from the garage, including the metal shelving, install the tiles, then move the treasures back. We settled on a light gray / dark gray, checkerboard design.

And he did just that, with my assistance, as I used the event to throw out / reorganize stuff.

I am 100% satisfied., The result is handsome, and after six months appears to have no wear. I have recommended his service a number of times.
Exactly what type of material is on your new floor. Thanks for the link.

Tags
carpet, garage, called, nice, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.