Cars Burglarized

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2018, 08:32 AM

Gracie - I am with you on this one!
Old 03-29-2018, 09:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Crime rates for first half of 2017 down statewide but up in Broward, data shows - Sun Sentinel

There is nothing in my car that would make me want to shoot someone.

I could probably tear someone apart with my bare hands who would attempt to harm my grandchildren.

There was someone who broke into some of our cars at Eisenhower. The law enforcement will probably find out who it is.
be it a car breakin or a home invasion, its not only the loss of my property, stuff can be replaced... its the INVASION of my personnel space.

A stranger rummaging thru my personal things would leave me with a level of insecurity that would probably never leave my memory.

If I attempted to protect my self, mace, gun what have you... That, on my part, would give me a sence of effort?, at least I tryed to protect what is mine.

knock on wood.....no one ever needs to
Old 03-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
In the unmentionable online news, a number of cars were burglarized @ the Eisenhower Rec Center--with proximity to certain areas of Leesburg & Wildwood--word to the wise--leave nothing valuable in your cars or golf carts, when parking during hours of darkness--TV is not a "gated" community @ there are no surveillance cameras on Buena Vista & Morse Blvd pff of Rte 44
and spanish springs is ON 441....what's your point?
Old 03-29-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
be it a car breakin or a home invasion, its not only the loss of my property, stuff can be replaced... its the INVASION of my personnel space.

A stranger rummaging thru my personal things would leave me with a level of insecurity that would probably never leave my memory.

If I attempted to protect my self, mace, gun what have you... That, on my part, would give me a sence of effort?, at least I tryed to protect what is mine.

knock on wood.....no one ever needs to
Just remember the basic rule of concealed carry...

"...if you believe your life is in imminent danger, your first priority is to leave and your second is to use your firearm as the means of securing that exit...."

Too many people have the wrong impression of what concealed carry ALLOWS.

I feel obligated to remind those who, in my opinion, may view it incorrectly.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:15 AM

what is an LEO?
Old 03-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towgo View Post
what is an LEO?
law enforcement officer

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

The last time I was victim to this sort of thing was in college. It was 1984 in Daytona Beach and I had my math textbook on the front passenger seat with the window open. When I returned, the book was gone. It was near finals and the book was full of notes and highlights. I was stupid but I was also a kid.

Now, I would never leave anything of value in open sight. Doesn’t matter where you live, it’s just common sense.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
The last time I was victim to this sort of thing was in college. It was 1984 in Daytona Beach and I had my math textbook on the front passenger seat with the window open. When I returned, the book was gone. It was near finals and the book was full of notes and highlights. I was stupid but I was also a kid.

Now, I would never leave anything of value in open sight. Doesn’t matter where you live, it’s just common sense.
That reminds me of the theft of my Blue Key sweater from my XK120 roadster parked next to my fraternity's house in 1964. It was not the $8 cost of the sweater but the letter on it that I could not get replaced. I thought no one would take such an item but someone did. Like your math textbook. What a bummer for you.

A lady I know in the early 1990s used to keep her maps in a laptop case in her car. Some thug broke into her locked car to steal what he thought was a computer. He was so angry that the case contained only maps that he broke a few more windows.

One of my cousins who lives in the Foggy Bottom area of Washington D.C and has no garage parks his car outside overnight. He calls leaving nothing to be seen inside as "city rules".

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
cars, burglarized, community, gated, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.