Cars resold as new

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Cars resold as new

I mention this article because it is current, occurred in Leesburg and might be relevant to another discussion. The article states that “under Florida law, a dealership can advertise a vehicle as "new" as long as the vehicle has never been titled. Once an owner applies for a title, the vehicle is considered "used." However, the article goes on to say that the dealership is changing how they notify and describe these types of vehicles to customers.

Rental cars sold as 'new'
Old 09-18-2016, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Things are way worse than I had thought. If you get in a car that has mileage on it and think it is new then you are are a perfect candidate to buy a 8 year old lifestyle home that has no odometer but is definitely obviously not new. Why stir the pot? I believe you could only be duped in one of these cases if you had been raised on an island and your best friend was WILSON. Your a nice person but I wouldn't vote for you because your thinking is inside out.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Things are way worse than I had thought. If you get in a car that has mileage on it and think it is new then you are are a perfect candidate to buy a 8 year old lifestyle home that has no odometer but is definitely obviously not new. Why stir the pot? I believe you could only be duped in one of these cases if you had been raised on an island and your best friend was WILSON. Your a nice person but I wouldn't vote for you because your thinking is inside out.
I believe it's called thinking outside the box or outside The Villages.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 09-18-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Platinum member

Obviously some cars will have a few miles for demo rides like my van and my hhr but both less than 25. Now the dealer car the salesman drives most of the year, no way should that be considered a new car.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

This issue is analogous to the proprietor who has a golf cart sale going on in the Walmart parking lot today...at great prices for a '2016' cart.

The sign in the windshield says 2016 but, if you look closer...it is a reman.

Since when is a re-manufactured cart that might have been originally built 6-10 years ago...considered a current model year cart?

Always read the fine print.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Are you implying it is morally right to advertise an 8 year old anything as new, as long as you can get away with it.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

[QUOTE=outlaw;1291651]Are you implying it is morally right to advertise an 8 year old anything as new, as long as you can get away with it.[/QUOTE

We stayed in one of these "New Homes" in June of 2016. Those who worry about these houses being sold as new homes are just looking for something to cry about. It is an impossibility. The one we were in was cleaned to perfection but it is enormously obvious that it was not new. We went back to look at one of the houses off Old Mill Rd with a Villagers agent and before we arrived she spilled the beans and told us the background on the house. I thought it was a mistake, that she was supposed to deceive us. The building DOES NOT PRESENT ITSELF AS NEW AND THEY DON'T PASS IT OFF AS NEW.

I am always thinking about buyer beware and to not have buyer's remorse. I think the mentioned car and houses are non issues. People who need a good conspiracy to follow would be to follow any company who tries to pass off a Remanufactured Golf Cart as new. If you need something to stress about that would be it!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:24 PM

It's considered new as Long as never titled and carries a new car warranty from the date YOU purchase it. All dealers have dealer cars and I believe they only drive them to 6000 miles max.

Tags
article, vehicle, dealership, considered, titled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.