Cart broke down nobody stopped

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 05:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STOPPED.
Heck, it was 10:00 at night. I would not have stopped either.

According to the map, you were 6/10 of a mile from the Holiday Inn along 441. Why didn't you walk over there?
Old 03-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The house on the corner is the one where Mr Schwartz started the entire operation. Sometimes we come off Paradise and go down Aloha to that intersection. If it was during daylight hours you would have had your choice of who to pick for help. 10 PM Forgetabouit!
Old 03-15-2020, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

I have only broken down once, my cart threw a belt. It was about four years ago on the MMP going along 466 near the enterance gate to Bridgeport at Laurel Valley. I called the tow service on my cell. During the next half hour, while waiting for a tow, at least 25 carts stopped and asked if they could help. More carts stopped than drove by. The Villages has many incredibly friendly folks who are there to help. I suspect that the OP’s experience is an anomaly that happened because of the highly unusual times we are currently experiencing, where social distancing is being drilled into everyone’s heads. Can’t wait till this Corona Virus runs its course and things begin to normalize.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
Tonight our gas cart lost power at the corner of Tarrson and Aloha.
We sat there with no power no lights no anything at 10 PM.
The Villages Security/Courtesy Patrol drive past us once. At least three or four cars did the same and numerous golf carts. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STOPPED.
Nobody asked if we were ok, nobody stopped to offer assistance. Then after some time the Courtesy truck came by and he did stop. He was polite but said he can offer no help or assistance. We felt all of this was just wrong.
Fortunately I had the number for Henry Leon, The Golf Cart Guy (352-805-0450), he called Andy, The Tire Guy and they towed us home. Henry does great at your home cart service.
As for those that drove around us or the Villages Security, you might want to help people.
So, you had a cell phone and called for help. That is what I would have done. We were there in Feb for a week and coming home from the Sharon after a performance late (after 10pm) realized the place is a GHOST TOWN after 10pm....which is PERFECT for us! I find it hard to believe if anyone there thought you were in need would have ignored you. Cant wait to get to our new home!
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, stopped, home, golf, guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.