Cart stolen last night

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
You can not use deadly force or display a fire arm unless "your life or another's life" is in peril--prime example of what not do do--an army & navy store owner is facing 2nd degree murder charges because he shot & killed a shop lifter stealing a $16.00 hatchet-
How about if the person messing with your property just received an old-fashioned N.J./N.Y. style butt kicking? Any legal problem with that? I just didn't know about the law with a weapon. I don't carry so I don't know. Waiting for the new gun store to bring me up to snuff on all the rules. I want to learn.

What the hell is wrong with people? It's getting as you can't own anything nice without worrying about it getting clipped. Was this the Neighborhood Walmart or the one on 441?
Old 10-28-2018, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
You would be in big trouble unless you felt your life or the life of someone else was in danger.
Technically if a person is messing with my property his or her life is in danger but I know what you mean and thank you for the kind answer.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
You can not use deadly force or display a fire arm unless "your life or another's life" is in peril--prime example of what not do do--an army & navy store owner is facing 2nd degree murder charges because he shot & killed a shop lifter stealing a $16.00 hatchet-
Actually, the Florida Statute authorizes deadly force to prevent a forcible felony which is described as:

Forcible felony.—“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Sage

My concealed carry insurer CCW Safe-has a lot of info and they provide me with lots of legal protection--again, do not exhibit any firearm unless you're life is in danger
Old 10-28-2018, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Actually, the Florida Statute authorizes deadly force to prevent a forcible felony which is described as:

Forcible felony.—“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.
Don't draw unless you fear for your life.....major hassles afterwards if you shoot, even if you are within the law...property can be replaced...
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
My concealed carry insurer CCW Safe-has a lot of info and they provide me with lots of legal protection--again, do not exhibit any firearm unless you're life is in danger
If by "exhibit" you mean make it non-concealed, I don't know what Florida law is. But the general rule of thumb regarding "presenting" a firearm (drawing it, unholstering it, cocking it, aiming it at someone) - shoot to kill. Or don't shoot at all.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

How about getting back to the real topic?
Old 11-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Let us know how your insurance company handles the theft
I will
Old 11-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Sentence them to same prison as Whitey Bulger
Old 11-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
How about if the person messing with your property just received an old-fashioned N.J./N.Y. style butt kicking? Any legal problem with that? I just didn't know about the law with a weapon. I don't carry so I don't know. Waiting for the new gun store to bring me up to snuff on all the rules. I want to learn.

What the hell is wrong with people? It's getting as you can't own anything nice without worrying about it getting clipped. Was this the Neighborhood Walmart or the one on 441?
I like the NY ASS KICKING. And that is true, That’s the way it’s handled.. So if your not doing anything this Weekend, Grab a couple of Friends and pull out a can of Whip Ass!! Good luck and have Fun ...:b oxing2::bigbow :
Old 11-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Too late for OP but if one really wants their cart back get a GPS tracker - they are real cheap these days relative to the value of the GC and just 2 wires to connect and they work.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 11-02-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Too late for OP but if one really wants their cart back get a GPS tracker - they are real cheap these days relative to the value of the GC and just 2 wires to connect and they work.
They all require a monthly service for the GPS tracking. Monthly fees vary from $8.00 to nearly $40. Often with annual contracts.

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 11-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
They all require a monthly service for the GPS tracking. Monthly fees vary from $8.00 to nearly $40. Often with annual contracts.
Then you aren't looking very hard. The one I just installed today was $125 after coupon, first year free and $20 YEAR (not month) thereafter. There was some under $100 with 2yrs included and there was some for $60 year after first year.
Waterproof GPS Tracker with backup battery for theft/recovery

There are 15% coupons floating around the web which I used. I wouldn't deal with the eBay ones for $30. They use Verizon (no extra charge) to communicate for updates, texts etc + obviously GPS for tracking.

They are not CONTINUOUS LIVE where you look at a moving dot on a map but poll the vehicle every 5 minutes but can be set to continuous polls or more or less than every 5 minutes. Number of polls is unlimited. You then look at list of poll results and/or a map to track with speeds etc. You can set notifications when vehicle is moved, driven, towed or the device tampered with etc. Also provides outputs to shut down engine etc. If I was tracking my wife I'd look at the continuous polling models but they are more expensive and unnecessary for a golf cart.

This is an example of the report (I hadn't installed it yet, device just sitting on my desk with a power supply)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-03_14-11-50.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	77151  

Last edited by EdFNJ; 11-03-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Isn't there a way to lock the steering wheel, like the old bar used in cars?
Old 11-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Isn't there a way to lock the steering wheel, like the old bar used in cars?
I don't think that would stop it from being rolled or even lifted if it was really wanted. You'd need to put a boot on it which is a real p.i.t.a. to prevent it from rolling. There is 1 cart I often see at LSL with a boot on the wheel. Looks really silly but it's def secure.

https://www.amazon.com/slp/golf-cart...5tk898255xx9bt
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, stolen, night, tampered, damaged

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.