Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Sage
Default Cart tunnel closure - FYI

From the VCDD:

"e-Notification
Subject: What's Happening - Special Edition
Date: 2/3/2011

As of 6pm this evening, the golf cart tunnel under CR 101 will be closed until futher notice for maintenance. Due to safety concerns, no carts or pedestrians are permitted through the tunnel. In addition, as in the past, golf cart crossing of CR 101 will not be allowed. The District will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available."

Bill
Old 02-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Veteran member

thought The Sun has a post re: this today saying there would be a detour and that would be at at Woodridge Drive. The radio announcer also gave this this morning and warned the cart and car drivers to be VERY careful in this area due to a curve or some sort of obstructive view.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Is it allowed or not to cross CR101 at Woodbridge Drive ? Otherwise how do you get to the businesses on 466 betwen Bonefish and Walmart??
Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage

My understanding is that the tunnel is closed to all users and there are no golf carts allowed to cross CR101. I believe they had the sheriff out there for a day to try traffic control in the area to allow carts to cross but they waved that off. Must not have worked out very well!

Current info from www.districtgov.org :

CR101 Tunnel Closed for Maintenance
The tunnel under CR 101 will be closed until futher notice for maintenance. Due to safety concerns, no carts or pedestrians are permitted through the tunnel. In addition, as in the past, golf cart crossing of CR 101 will not be allowed. The District will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available.

Bill
Old 02-06-2011, 01:52 PM

No crossing signs are posted in the area but I counted 6 carts crossing CR101 in a short 10 minute span this Sunday morning . . . didn't seem like there were any police around.

Just wondering if they cross over to go to Wal-Mart and the police do come they may have to sit on the other side of the street until the police leave.

Since this hurts Villagers and the stores in this area why are we not using Community Watch to help with an organized crossing?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Anybody think of using their car to get to the stores accross CR101?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Platinum member

Thw police should be able to ticket any carts at Wal-Mart or any other business on the west side of 101, since they aren't supposed to be there anyway.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Anybody think of using their car to get to the stores accross CR101?
Car?

Bill
Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Is it allowed or not to cross CR101 at Woodbridge Drive ? Otherwise how do you get to the businesses on 466 betwen Bonefish and Walmart??

Apparently not.
Friday afternoon my wife and I attempted to get to Olive Garden using that area. There were two deputies there and we asked one of them about crossing there. His reply was to go back home and get our car. As he said that someone did cross 101 in a golf cart at which point the other deputy took off in pursuit.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Taltarzac

Saw a golf cart sneak across CR101 this morning north of Crispers. At least, the driver did it where there were not any signs saying that this is forbidden.

I almost hit the nincompoop though as he/she seemed to think he/she had the right of way vs. my van driving south on CR101.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There are golf carts on that side of 101..they come from Bison Valley!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
I personally checked the tunnel and the walls, concrete path, etc. This was at about 7:30PM tonight. I had a bright flashlight and I cannot find any evidence of any construction or repair work at all. The tunnel has been closed for about 5 days or so. I would really like to know why they are keeping it closed so long and what work is planned for it if any.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Sage

I watched at least six golf carts (NOT street legal) cross CR 101 on Woodbridge Drive in a ten minute period. Obviously it is happening all day long, and people are ignoring the "rules". And there was a police officer sitting in a police car watching them.

I can't believe they would plan a tunnel closing during snowbird season. I hope TOTV members will keep posting the status of the "repair" situation.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Sage

Still the same story on www.districtgov.org :

"The tunnel under CR 101 will be closed until further notice for maintenance. Due to safety concerns, no carts or pedestrians are permitted through the tunnel. In addition, as in the past, golf cart crossing of CR 101 will not be allowed. The District will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available."

Sounds like a pretty open-ended project to me!

Bill
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 AM

The first day it was closed (last Thursday), there were a group of workers in the tunnel. I don't know what they were doing. I haven't seen anyone since then. I'll bet if there were a golf course on the other side of 101 it would be fixed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.