Post Office Question

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Default Post Office Question

We bought our home in TV in 2007 and we are still (unfortunately!) PT..My question is this..Back in 2007, we had any villages mail forwarded to our VA home where of course we received all the water softener ads, etc.....Just last week, we had a friend here in VA who knew we were in TV for a few weeks and decided to send us a card. It was returned to her marked.."Not deliverable to this address"..We looked at the envelope, it was addressed correctly..What is up with this? Is there something we have to do so we can receive any mail there? To be clear, we have not changed our address to send our mail to TV, we just have it on hold here in VA when we are down in TV..Any ex mailman have any answers? I find it is easier and more efficient to post here than to sit on hold at USPS ! Thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage

At this time your post has had 74 viewers.

I don't know the answer to your question and it seems the other 73 didn't either.

Sorry.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Sage

I don't have a definitive answer either. But a suggestion: Perhaps contact the post office for your TV zip and see if they can shed any light on the issue. They should certainly be able to tell you how mail sent to your TV address is intended to be handled.

Bill
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Sage

I thought the "Mail Forward" option had to be renewed every six months.
I think the Mail office number for Sumter County is 352-753-3888, open from 9 am to 4:30 pm..
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Sage

From the USPS website:

"Select Temporary if you plan to move back to your old address within 12 months. Your initial forwarding period will be limited to a maximum of 6 months, which you may extend to a maximum of 1 year (in all other cases select Permanent.)"

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Sage
Default forwarding expires after one year

Forwarding lasts for only one year. When the forwarding expires, they return mail to sender.

To receive mail in TV when you have not been receiving it, go to your TV mailbox, open it, and take out the cardboard cover the deliveryman puts over the back of your box showing it is not in use. Then put a note saying "Please deliver mail". They will deliver then.

Putting mail on Hold, (not forwarding)is the thing to do whe you come and go periodically. The most efficient way to put mail on Hold is at the USPS.com website.....specify the dates to begin and end. BUT.....the post office workers at Fruitland Park told me that if you want to hold TV mail, there are so many Villages residents coming and going that the postal delivery people at your mailbox place at pool actually hold it there, not at the P.O. She said filling out a Hold card is not needed.......when your box in Tv fills up, they put it in the back right there. When you get to TV, open your mailbox, put a note saying Please deliver.....and if it fits, they put it in there. If your accumulated mail does not fit, they put a key to a bigger mailbox where they have pt yor mail.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Default I knew it!

I knew I would get more info from here than anywhere...You guys are the best, Thanks for all the info, tel #s, etc...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.