CartingTheVillages.com

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Veteran member
Default CartingTheVillages.com

Does anyone know if the map from CartingTheVillages.com is still available in stores? The website is non-functional.

kathy
Old 04-13-2019, 12:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Does anyone know if the map from CartingTheVillages.com is still available in stores? The website is non-functional.

kathy
No but Google maps works just fine.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2019, 07:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:

kathy
I don't know what it has to offer, but you can find the Villages GPS on this site that I think has golf cart mapping. Someone with that app can explain it further.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
No but Google maps works just fine.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
I want to be able to look at a map that shows all the paths in TV. Unless I am missing some feature, in order to see the paths in Google Maps you have to enter an address, click Directions, and then click the Bike icon. You can't see all the paths in the entire development at once without entering a specific address. And even in Directions mode you don't see all the paths. The path outside my window that goes through the golf course is not displayed.

I really want that map I read about.

k.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I don't know what it has to offer, but you can find the Villages GPS on this site that I think has golf cart mapping. Someone with that app can explain it further.
See my previous comments. I want a real map that shows all of TV. Also, I have that app on both my iPhone and iPad. Not a fan.

k.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Stop at a sales office and get their maps....it was 5 bucks, not sure what it is now but has all the paths clearly marked. I believe there are two, one for above 44 and one for below. The one for below will be obsolete on a weekly basis.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Default big picture

I hear your pain! I like to see the places I'm looking for in the context of other locations. My big Villages road/cart map from 2015 is in shreds and is woefully incomplete! I have also been meaning to go to AAA to see if I can get a big map of Ocala - the street "names" make no sense at all to me. The gps is great until it isn't!
Old 04-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I want to be able to look at a map that shows all the paths in TV. Unless I am missing some feature, in order to see the paths in Google Maps you have to enter an address, click Directions, and then click the Bike icon. You can't see all the paths in the entire development at once without entering a specific address. And even in Directions mode you don't see all the paths. The path outside my window that goes through the golf course is not displayed.

I really want that map I read about.

k.
In Google Maps, select bicycle as the default and it will show all the golf cart paths without having to put in an address.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
I have also been meaning to go to AAA to see if I can get a big map of Ocala - the street "names" make no sense at all to me.
Do you mean the bizarro addresses in Marion County? I apologize to people all the time for having such a weird address, like two addresses in one. It's a Marion County thing.

k.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
In Google Maps, select bicycle as the default and it will show all the golf cart paths without having to put in an address.
That's what I did on my cell phone. Works great.
Closed Thread

Tags
cartingthevillages.com, stores, kathy, non-functional, website

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.