Carts blocking traffic in LSL

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Carts blocking traffic in LSL

Lately, we've noticed an increase in golf carts parked around the square blocking traffic so they can listen to the band from their cart or engage in lengthy conversations with people on the street. They seem totally oblivious to the traffic that has to drive around them. In one case, we saw someone politely inform the driver that she wasn't in a parking space. The "lady" responded with "I don't care" and refused to move.

Anyway, small annoyance but I had to vent. I get why people feel some Villagers display a sense of entitlement. It only takes a few inconsiderate individuals to create that impression. Fortunately, most Villagers go out of their way to be helpful and friendly.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Lately, we've noticed an increase in golf carts parked around the square blocking traffic so they can listen to the band from their cart or engage in lengthy conversations with people on the street. They seem totally oblivious to the traffic that has to drive around them. In one case, we saw someone politely inform the driver that she wasn't in a parking space. The "lady" responded with "I don't care" and refused to move.

Anyway, small annoyance but I had to vent. I get why people feel some Villagers display a sense of entitlement. It only takes a few inconsiderate individuals to create that impression. Fortunately, most Villagers go out of their way to be helpful and friendly.
Just lay on your horn , they'll move, works everytime !!!

OR you could have your dog bark at them , seems everyone has one or two of those..........

thoughtful fumar
Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Just get out and say your here to tow the cart and would they prefer to get out and walk or ride in the cart. And when they say your not towing their cart, just act surprised and say, sorry, I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to leave a cart there unless it was broken.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

What about those double seaters that have the rear end sticking out into the traffic lane. Sometimes would like to have an old pickup with a big bumper.......
Old 06-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Last night our car was parked right in front of the bait shack. Walked by it a few minutes later and a couple in a cart were parked behind our car listening to the music. It seems people sit on the street and wait for someone to back out, then take their spot. It does impede the flow of traffic and is not a safe situation.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Gold member

why drive your car during these periods instead of your cart? the squares are designed for the carts more than the big suvs and ny caddys.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Just lay on your horn , they'll move, works everytime !!!

OR you could have your dog bark at them , seems everyone has one or two of those..........

thoughtful fumar
....... Or you could call the lady's posse and let us beat the crap out of them.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
....... Or you could call the lady's posse and let us beat the crap out of them.
Now that would be my suggested solution!! Keeps the blood pressure down and gets the job done right!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Sign me up.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sandy's on standby........

Bill
Old 06-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
why drive your car during these periods instead of your cart? the squares are designed for the carts more than the big suvs and ny caddys.
I would bet that most of the cars are NOT from TV, but from outlying towns that people can't use a golf cart to get here from.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
I would bet that most of the cars are NOT from TV, but from outlying towns that people can't use a golf cart to get here from.
And why assume it is a huge car. it would be hard getting through in a Mini Cooper sometimes...

TPOP made a post awhile back - why always beat up on the poster? This is a forum - for discussion... If you want to beat up on someone call the posse!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Gold member
Default carts

Not sure about the NY Caddys,or that the streets are designed for carts. Seems that if they only wanted cart traffic,they would have made certain changes to the squares.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What about those double seaters that have the rear end sticking out into the traffic lane. Sometimes would like to have an old pickup with a big bumper.......
Ditto to this!!
A BIG pick up!!!!

Is it 5 o'clock yet?????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.