Selling House

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Default Selling House

I have a patio villa in the village of Ashland 10 minutes away from Lake Sumter which I’m going to be selling soon. Currently I have an excellent tenant in the home that’s been there 3 to 4 years and hopes to stay. Trying to decide if I should wait to the end of his lease and have him move out and then sell it as a turnkey or if there is much interest in purchasing investment property with a tenant that is in place. I do not live in the area, so everything is done long distance.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:59 PM

How much do you want for it?
Old 02-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

You want the place to be clean and neat when it is being shown. Can the tenant do that, and will he/she be willing to accommodate the real estate people when they want to do a showing?
Old 02-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

Assuming you are going to be using a real estate agent, I'd suggest that is an excellent question to ask him or her.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliewna View Post
I have a patio villa in the village of Ashland 10 minutes away from Lake Sumter which I’m going to be selling soon. Currently I have an excellent tenant in the home that’s been there 3 to 4 years and hopes to stay. Trying to decide if I should wait to the end of his lease and have him move out and then sell it as a turnkey or if there is much interest in purchasing investment property with a tenant that is in place. I do not live in the area, so everything is done long distance.
I think you will get a better price if you move the tenant out and make the house attractive to a buyer who wants to live in it. An investor will probably want to buy the house for less than market value. Currently, there is a seller's market in The Villages, and villas are in demand. You will have a lot more potential buyers who want a house to live in it than you will have investors. Having a current tenant in the house is not really an advantage because an investor can always find a tenant.
Closed Thread

Tags
selling, tenant, area, turnkey, lease

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.